Not Today (George)

I sat on the kitchen counter, my fingers flipping through a magazine. My hand in a bag of crisps and my glasses slipping down my face ever so slightly. (If you don't wear glasses, you do now. Is this really cheesy? Hell yeah) The back of my hand pushed my glasses back onto my face, so I didn't get grease on them.

"Do you think the Queen uses her kitchen?"

"Where'd that come from." I looked up at my best friend, Linda, who was currently being hugged from behind by her boyfriend, Paul, and swaying side to side.

"Well there's a thing in this magazine," I pointed at the page with my pinky, glancing really quick up at the couple, "and there's a toaster labeled The Queen's Toaster. And it got me thinking, does the Queen use her kitchen enough for the media to name a toaster after her."

"You've got a point," Paul spoke up now.

"Right?! They're too rich to even set foot in the kitchen, let alone know what a toaster looks like. I want a toaster named after me. I use toasters all the time."

"Get rich from toasters?" Linda cocked her eyebrow.

"Yeah, there's step one. Step two would be me forgetting what they look like." I hopped down from the counter, with a loud click of my shoes on the floor, to wash my hands and throw my empty chip bag away.

A heavy knock came from the door, catching everyone's attention, and dragging them all to the front door.

The door creaked as Linda yanked it open, Paul right beside her, and myself standing in the background awkwardly. There stood the frame of a tall man in the doorway. That tall man being my ex-boyfriend, George Harold Harrison. 

"No, we're not doing this today George." I sighed in exasperation, walking towards the kitchen.

"Y/n wait. Please." George sighed, walking inside.

"We'll just, you know," Paul spewed quickly. "leave." He ushered Linda into the kitchen where he closed the door.

I watched off after them, my face pulling an annoyed smile before turning on my heels to look back to George. "I don't want to do this George. Not now."

"Y/n, come on. You got to give me a chance here." He took a step towards me.

I took two back. "George I've given you chances. You act as though I've never given you a chance."

"Y/n-"

"No! George. I catch you at the bar talking up a girl with your hands all over her. You hook up with your ex-girlfriend, and I catch you with your tongue down her throat. I catch wind that you are having an affair with Maureen Starkey Tigrett, turns out you were, and you know how I found out? I caught you with her!" I felt like I was going to burst into tears at any second but my voice was steady and my head was high. "Every single direction I turn George, you're with another woman!" I was yelling, I could hear myself yelling. I could hear my voice several octaves higher as my anger fueled me forward. Meanwhile, George was silent, looking down at the ground. "Explain the most recent girl you've been with. Don't pretend I don't see you with her all the time."

"Y/n," He mumbled. I almost didn't hear him. He walked slowly up to me, closer until he was standing in front of me. His hands reached out for mine, taking them in a soft grasp. His hot breath hitting my face softly, but there was a tang to it.

"George, you're drunk," I said quieter now, yet sternly, pulling my hands out of his grasp. I was more upset that it was midday more than anything. "I'm not going to talk to you about this if you're drunk at two in the afternoon."

"I'm sober enough to know that I still love you." He whispered. His hands grasping mine once more, his thumbs softly brushing my hands.

"George I can't do this. Not here, not right now." I whispered, looking into his eyes that weren't meeting mine. 

"George, you said you were only going to be a minute." A voice rang from outside, through the front door that we had left open. I looked around George to see a woman who was quite short in stature who was standing at the door frame. She had chocolate brown hair that fell to her shoulders. She looked like Maureen in the facial features, meaning she was ever so beautiful.

"Y/n, I-" George stammered.

"What? Were you trying to treat you're pretty, new girlfriend the way you treated me?"

"No. No. No, I wasn't y/n."

"Yeah. I think you should go."

"No, I'm not leaving." George said firmly.

"Yeah, you are. You told her," I pointed at the girl by the door, "you were only going to need a minute. It's been a minute, you should leave." I pushed him back, where he looked at me. He looked at me with that stupid look of longing as he walked out the door. Hand in hand with his girlfriend.

"Y/n, are you okay?" Linda's voice broke the silence of me staring at the front door.

"Yeah," I sighed. "I'm alright."

"Do you want a hug? Do you want to talk? Do you want space?"

"Option one and two please." I looked at her a second before wrapping my arms around my best friend in a comforting embrace. My face pressed into her shoulder and one side of my glasses pressed into the side of my face.

"Do you want advice or do you want me to listen?" 

"Can we do both?" My voice was muffled in her shoulder.

"I'm going to go, I've got some things I need to do." Paul said, giving a little smile and a quick wave before leaving. "Love you Linda."

"Love you too. I'll try to call you later."

"By Y/n." Paul gave me a nod and smile.

"By Paul." I waved from my hug.

~Time skip brought to you by Paul McCartney because the man could do no wrong~

Paul's POV:

"How could you do something like that George?" My voice boomed, I had never really heard myself talk like this before but I was mad at my friend.

"I don't know, I thought I could win her back." He was playing with his hands, not looking at anything other then his ring.

"So you came, with your current girlfriend to try and win back your ex. You know, like you did when you were dating Y/n, to both Patty and Maureen." I spat at him. 

"No."

"Yes. Thats exactly what you were doing man. If you wish to talk to Y/n about the past, you shouldn't be walking around with a girl the day before, the day of, or the day after."

"What am I going to do? I really want her to take me back."

"Then you have to prove you're not going to pull shit like this George! You have to stop pulling shit like this. She's not going to go out with you if you're tipsy and dating someone else after you proved time and again you didn't care for her the same way she cared for you." George didn't look up. He looked more ashamed then the day that Y/n left him. "You know she loves you dude. She just doesn't want to be hurt by your actions anymore."

---

This is probably not going to end up being a series. I just feel like these gents need more flaws. I'm terribly sorry for not uploading for a few months. Stuff has been going down that isn't really the greatest thing that could be happening to say the least. Hopefully things will get better, but for now we don't need to worry about it. For now...

Stay Lovely :)