||11||

I rolled over in bed and stared at Shikamaru's sleeping self.

"Stop staring at me," he whispered.

"I'm not staring, I'm gazing," I whispered back, his eyes cracked open and looked at me with his calculating eyes.

"Are you now?" he asked, his hand coming up and resting on my cheek as he smiled. I placed my own hand on his and smiled at him.

"Love you," he moved himself closer and kissed my nose.

"Love you too," I smiled and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed the top of my head before resting his chin on my head.

He was really warm and I loved it so much. I felt really safe with him around me.

I fell asleep quickly and found myself gazing over the familiar grassy oasis.

"Y/n," a voice called out to me, I turned around to see Jiraiya, Asuma, Dad and Mum.

"Hello, it's been a while since we last met like this," I smiled at them before pointing at Asuma, Dad and Mum, "I heard you three had a bit of fun during the war."

Mum instantly grew a dark aura while Dad and Asuma both looked at her warily.

"Yes and that boy... Why that boy--" mother started before easing, "he was quite nice. Is he your boyfriend? An enemy? Someone you've had a crush on?"

"What?" dad asked angrily.

"She's talking about Sai. And no mum, he is not my boyfriend or an enemy or anyone whom I've had a crush on," I told her, "however, he is a friend."

The dark aura on my mother slipped away and her bright happiness returned.

"Now I feel bad," she shook her head, "I hurt your friend."

"I'm sure he'll forgive you if I freeze him to a tree and poke him a few times," I shot her a smirk and she mirrored it back.

"Anyway," Jiraiya slung his arm around my neck and steered me closer to the group, "we heard from a little birdie that someone's boyfriend wanted to commit to a big move in life."

"What the hell are you talking about, Jiraiya?" I asked as he grabbed my left hand and pulled it up with a bright grin.

"That boy you're dating," he continued, showing my hand to the other three, "got the guts to ask you."

"I know I gave him my blessing, but I'm going to kill him," father cracked his knuckles as an invisible protectiveness rose.

"There you four are," a lazy voice called out from behind, I turned to see Shikaku and didn't hesitate to pull myself away from Jiraiya and hug Shikaku.

"Shikaku," I hugged him tightly as the tears began to fall down my face. He hugged me back.

"It's OK," he rubbed my back, "I'm here now."

"How the hell could you die?" I punched him in the stomach and growled, "Yoshino is so freaking upset!"

I punched him again.

"How can you possibly just die and leave us like that?" I shouted, punching him again and again until a hand landed on my shoulder.

"I know we're dead, but we can still feel pain in this world," Asuma told me, I sighed and slumped forward slightly.

"Sorry," I muttered, "I'm just angry."

"And it's understandable," Shikaku nodded, "what happened after we were hit?"

"I'm unsure, I was fighting the shadow Guardians, we didn't get home until weeks after the war the allied shinobi forces was over. But they won," I replied as I sat down onto the grass and yawned.

"And you?" Shikaku asked as the others sat down, making our position like a circle.

"If we did not win, then I wouldn't be here through dream," I told him, "though... I used a forbidden jutsu and I'm waiting for the drawback."

"Which jutsu?" dad asked.

"The giant ice meteor one," I told them, his eyes widened.

"Wow, you are that strong already?" he asked, looking at me with pride, "that's my girl."

I smiled.

"But if you're anything like me, that back lash won't come around until 4-5 weeks later," he told me, I nodded taking note of that, "anyway... As for Shikamaru..."

"Shikamaru?" Shikaku instantly perked up to the sound of his sons name.

"Yes, Shikamaru, your son has had the decency to not only date my daughter but ask me for her hand of marriage," my dad turned to his friend who in return sent a shocked look in his direction before looking at me.

"He had the guts to do that?" Shikaku asked, I nodded and Jiraiya grabbed my hand again and showed my ring to the man. Shikaku just gawked.

"Oh my lord, Shikamaru has found his motivation," he mumbled, "I guess what I said when you were just children came into play."

"Eh?" I asked, "what do you mean?"

"Me and Yoshino used to comment on how you and Shikamaru were quite close and we'd joke about you maybe becoming a Nara," he explained. I felt heat raise to my cheeks.

"H-how can you say that so bluntly!" I spoke a bit louder than I meant to, "You're so evil, Shikaku."

"You're adorable," my mother tackled me into a hug, "I remember when your grandfather used to tease me and have the same effect on me."

"can we not talk about my father," dad sighed and shook his head.

"Anyway, y/n, it's time you wake up now. We'll see you another time," Asuma told me.

"Wait, Asuma!" I caught his attention, "Mirai Sarutobi, your daughter, she's so freaking adorable. In the words of Shikamaru, she already has me wrapped around her little finger."

"I'm glad to know," he smiled, "I'm glad to know that my daughter has you and Shikamaru. I hope kurenai is Ok?"

"Don't worry about it," I smiled, "Kurenai is perfectly fine, I'll make sure both she and my god daughter stay safe."

I waved and then found myself seeing black again.

Opening my eyes, I see Shikamaru sat on the edge of the bed. I smiled at the lazy fool.

What's he doing up before me?