||Epilogue||

"Why is there a kunai in the door?!" shouted a woman with h/l h/c as she pulled a kunai out of the door frame and marched into the living room, "Shikamaru!"

"It wasn't me!" Shikamaru shouted as three children hid him.

"Yes it was, daddy, don't like to Mommy," came the voice of the youngest child, a girl with shoulder length black hair with h/c streaks and e/c eyes.

"Hey, Ina, it's not nice to rat him out," the second oldest, a boy with black hair and brown eyes exclaimed, shushing the girl.

"Both of you quiet, mum is a lie destroying machine," came the oldest with h/c hair and e/c eyes.

"Akira..." the h/c haired woman looked at the oldest.

"Calm down, y/n," Shikamaru put his hands up in mock surrender, "Akira was showing Kyo and Inu how to hold a kunai properly, she didn't mean to throw it in the door... Or the roof... Or the floor..."

Y/n looked around to see there was indeed a kunai sticking out of the ceiling and the floor. She sighed before pulling them out and putting them on the table.

"Didn't I tell you, weapons outside?" she asked, slumping onto the sofa, "it just becomes a mess if you use them in here."

"Don't worry, love," Shikamaru smiled placing his arm around her shoulders, "I'll have Zak come and fix everything."

"You really think he'll do it again?" y/n asked.

"Probably not," Shikamaru laughed before looking to their children, "Akira, go get Zak. Take those two with you."

"Yes, dad," Akira nodded before the three ran off.

"They're a handful," y/n sighed once the door shut, "Akira is 13 now and she still is so crazy. Kyo is 8 but he is somehow in his edgy teenage phase already and Inu... Well she's just a ball of sunshine. She couldn't hurt a fly."

"Sometimes I forget she's only 6," Shikamaru smiled, "actually, none of them act their age."

"Maybe because we always seem to be working and they end up with Aunt Mina or Kurenai or Yoshino. Sometimes Ino if she begs," y/n shrugged before dropping her head back onto Shikamaru's shoulder, "ah. Peace and quiet. Man have I missed th--"

"Y/n sensei!" a loud shout echoed through the house before the door was thrown open and two genin ran in.

One was a girl with short brown hair and striking green eyes, she was Kila, 15 years old. The other was a boy with raven black hair and blue eyes, Naoki also 15.

"What is it, Naoki, Kila?" y/n asked.

"Storm is in a fight with Mirai! We can't get them to stop!" Naoki exclaimed, at that both y/n and Shikamaru jumped up.

"Show us the way," Shikamaru urged, the two kids nodded before they all ran out the house.

"Y/n!" Zak shouted.

"The door, roof and floor need fixing, watch the kids for us please!" y/n shouted back before focusing on the path in front of her again.

Eventually they reached the area just in front of the gates where Kotetsu and Izumo were both trying to separate Mirai and a boy with white hair and black eyes, Storm.

"Stop! Both of you! Y/n shouted as she stepping into Shikamaru's shadow and popped in the shadow in between the two teens, catching them both before they fell over.

"Y/n sensei," Storm looked at her shocked.

"Y/n..." Mirai looked away uneasily.

"We're getting to old for this," Kotetsu mumbled as he and Izumo walked back to their small booth at the gates, keeping an eye out.