||21||

"Kakashi sensei?" I called from the other side of the door, he called me in and I entered, "you called for me?"

"Yes," he nodded and then gestured for me to come closer, "we had a council meeting earlier in the week and an interesting topic of conversation came up."

"Oh? Really?" I asked in curiosity, "what would that be?"

"Hyousuke brought up the topic of your war during the war," he started, "he said you guys weren't interrupted by the Infinite Tsukuyomi because of your blood barrier?"

"That's true," I nodded.

"The council came to a conclusion that your blood barrier could be a good thing to have around the village for times of threat," he told me, "so I would like to request that you put a blood barrier up around the village, just this once."

"Do you know how much energy it requires?" I asked, "it really is energy consuming."

"I understand that it will," Kakashi nodded, "but I'll pay you."

"Is this bribary, lord Hokage?" I asked mockingly, "but I'll put the barrier up, no money needed. However, I must tell you that it deminishes over time as I age. When I die, it breaks."

"Understandable," he nodded, "when will you start?"

"Might as well start now," I shrugged, "I just need the day and an anbu to protect me just incase because I'll have to be on the outside of the walls."

"Alright, I'll get Yamato to help you," he told me, "he'll meet you out there."

"OK," I nodded and left the room.

°❄️°

"Y/n," Yamato called out to me as I sat in front of the gates of the leaf, "what exactly do you have to do?"

"Just a basic blood barrier, give my blood to the earth and the barrier will be weak but strong enough," I replied, "now just watch over me while I do."

He nodded and stood behind me while I cut into my hands and placed them flat on the floor.

Then silence, I just sat in silence while the barrier built itself up in a light red glow.

-- Time skip brought to you by Kakashi freaking Naruto out --

"Finally," I stood up and stretched, "it's done."

"That looked exhausting," Yamato commented.

"It was," I laughed as we walked back into the village, "anyway, I'm going home now. Thanks for sticking around."

"No problem, see you later," he replied, we waved at each other.

It didn't take long before I was on the streets of the l/n land. It was abnormally silent.

"Hello?" I called out, no one responded, "strange..."

I just shrugged it off and went straight to my house.

"Hey, Shikamaru?" I called through the building, "not here?"

Man, what's going on around here?

Shikamaru's PoV

"So are we at an agreement?" I asked the l/n clan members.

They all nodded and then we all filed out of the meeting room and headed back towards our houses.

"I'm home!" I called through the house.

"Welcome home," y/n called from the kitchen, "do you know why the street was so quiet?"

"No at all," I lied, shaking my head, "how was your day?"

"Alright," y/n replied as I sat down on the sofa next to her and she rested her head on my shoulder, "I've got my dress and bridesmaids. What about you?"

"Got a new tie and Choji, Naruto and Sai have all agreed to be my best men," I replied before kissing her forehead, "it was a total drag because Sai just popped out of no where and I ended up asking him to be one of my best men too after he started asking me all about it."

"Sai as a best man, that'll be quite interesting," y/n laughed a little.

"Indeed it will," I nodded, wrapping my arm around her and hugging her into my side.

°❄️°

Weeks later

"Alright y/n, it's tomorrow, you ready?" Temari asked, slinging her arm around my neck, "it's your last evening as an unmarried lady."

"I suppose it is," I nodded with a smile.

"All that planning will finally be put in place, it'll be so fun!" Sakura shouted energetically.

"So what to do tonight..." Ino trailed off, "Shikamaru is out with the boys, so what to do with the girls..."

She and Sakura then shared a knowing glance.

"Slumber party!" they both shouted before grabbing one of my wrists each and dragging me back to my house, catching Hinata and Tenten on our way.

When we got home, Tsunade came from her room in my house to see what the ruckus was about.

"What's going on?" she asked with a drunken yawn.

"Apparently I'm hosting a sleepover," I replied with a shrug.

"Sleep over? Oh! Oh! I want to join!" she shouted like a child before sprinting into her room and grabbing what I'm guess was her sheets and pillows.

"How old are you again, Lady Tsunade?" Tenten asked with a small laugh as Tsunade chucked her stuff on the floor and plopped down.

"We'll never know," Ino added on as I grabbed space sheets and pillows and passed them to everyone.

"We're all childish in our own little way," Sakura smiled.

"Let's get the boy topic rolling, I want to know, what does Shikamaru do now that we're not fighting?" Temari asked as we all sat down in a circle.

"I don't actually know. Actually! I believe he works with Kakashi sensei," I replied, "in his father's old division. He's alone at the moment though."

"Sounds like a crap ton of paper work," Tsunade commented.

We all nodded in agreement.

"And you, y/n?" Hinata asked.

"I'm just a ninja, feels like I'm on 100% holiday though," I replied with a slight laugh, "and part time babysitter."

"For Mirai!" Ino squealed, "She's so freaking cute I could just die!"

"I know!" I exclaimed, "everyone's always telling me that she's got me wrapped around her little finger. I've got to say, she most definitely does!"

The girls laughed.

"Can we have you wrapped around ours?" Temari asked, raising her pinkie to empathise what she was saying.

"No way," I shook my head and put my arms up in an x motion, "never ever."