||48||

"You," I glared.

"Me!" Kota laughed, "time for me to get my revenge!"

"Revenge? For what?" I looked at the shadow guardian who was supposed to be dead, may I add, with pure disgust.

"Killing me," he glared, "you killed me, so I'll kill you. It's win, lose scenario that we've coincidentally already been through."

I let out a long irritated sigh before looking behind me to my team and then up to where the entrance of the snowflake guardians place was.

Yeah, I'm not getting them up there quickly. It's too far away.

"y-y/n, let us down, we can h-help you fight," Yuuto shouted out to me.

"No way," I shook my head, "You're too cold, you'll be more of a liability than useful."

"Are these weak fools supposed to help you defeat us?" Kota asked with a look of pure amusement, "we have an army reaching millions, there's no way you'll defeat us! Not now. The only guardians left with be those of the Shadows. The snow will no longer prevail."

"You'll have to kill me before that happens," I spat before pulling my bow off the chain around my neck and made it grow.

"Unfortunately, that's not what Master Morgue has planned for you," Kota replied before he pulled out his sword, "come on, y/n. Let's dance."

(did Kota have a sword? I can't remember, it's been so long since he's been around...)

I glared at him before jumping back a few paces and created three ice arrows. Hold. Aim. Level your breath. Release.

"Crap--" Kota hissed as he quickly dropped himself into the snow below and looked behind him to watch the arrows slice straight through a boulder, "What're you trying to do? Kill me?"

"Yes, as a matter of a fact, yes I am," I nodded before shrinking my bow and shoving it in my pocket.

After forming around 20 - 30 long daggers of ice I raise my arm and wait, he's going to do something, I know it.

I watched as Kota cautiously stood up and dusted himself down.

"Wow, not only have you gotten old, but you've become a barbarian as well? Yeesh," he shook his head and crossed his arms sassily, "Unfortunate, hm?"

"Why you little--" I glared before sending the daggers forward.

The snow spiked up and created a smoke screen of snow, disturbing my line of vision as I heard the daggers hit nothing but snow.

What happened?

3rd Person PoV

Behind the wall of snow, Kota had transformed into his shadow guardian form and had begun hovering over the snow. He flapped his wings and made the snow wall disperse and reveal y/n, she stared up at him with wide eyes.

"Come on, y/n, let's do this like real guardians," Kota glared at her, "where are your wings."

Y/n shook her head and sighed before looking behind her to where the pillow of snow holding her team mates up was. She can't activate her guardian mode while she's holding them up.

"Guys, listen closely," she turned to them, "I'm going to launch you guys up to the top. Once you land, go through the gates. You'll find everything and everyone else waiting somewhere around there."

"N-no!" Sakura shouted, "we-we're not leaving you."

Y/n smiled at her before throwing her hands up and then in the direction of the entrance of the mountain. When they were close enough to the top, she dropped them just in time to dodge the blade of Kota's sword.

"Come on, y/n!" Kota shouted, "get serious!"

Y/n glared at him before sliding out of his aim path and activated her guardian mode as quick as she could.

"OK, Kistov, I might need your help," she whispered as she bit down on her thumb, drawing blood and placing it on the cold snow. A moment later and a giant poof appeared as Kistov showed up, this time with no complaints.

"What took you so long?" was all he said with a small smile before the two of them flew forward and collided with Kota.

The air was filled with the connection of blades.

Meanwhile...

"Once you get there, keep to all the left passageways! You'll reach the top, go!" Zethran shout to his group. Shouts of disapproval came back but Zethran just shrugged it off as he got ready to fight... But then he faltered.

"Drayton," Zethran looked to the man before him.

"Zethran," he smirked, "I'm usually stuck with that idiot Kota. But I'm glad that I'm alone with you again."

"I'm not," Zethran glared at the shadow guardian before turning to his team, "go now! I'll hold him off. It's pretty easy to navigate if you follow what I said. Keep to the left!"

Everyone shook their heads stubborn to leave. Shikamaru noticed Zethran's look of desperation and nodded.

"C-come on!" Shikamaru shouted, "follow Ino Shika Cho."

"And quick, it's c-c-c-cold," Ino nodded before the chunin team took lead and ran up the side of the mountain with the rest of the group.

"Shikamaru, if we're being attacked don't you think everyone else will be too?" Choji looked to his best friend.

"Most likely," Shikamaru nodded.

"Then all the snowflake guardians will leave the groups to take down the shadow guardians," Ino added on.

"Let's just get up there before Morgue can resurrect any more of the dead unceremoniously," Shikamaru nodded before they fell silent.

Behind them Zethran and Drayton were staring at each other.

"You know what, I kind of miss what we had," Drayton smiled.

"Well I don't," Zethran replied bitterly, "and I never will. Now I'm going to send you back to the grave where you belong!"