||46||

"Alright," Shikamaru looked around, "are we all ready?"

"Yeah," Zethran nodded.

"Alright, everyone listen, here's the plan," he spoke up and started explaining to us, "we believe that Morgue has gone to the snowflake guardians' previous place of stay. In there is a dangerous jutsu that Morgue can utilise. No children will be coming with us because Morgue targets them straight away. Everyone must be prepared for the worst, we're either going to face one man or dozens of them."

I looked around to see everyone watching Shikamaru with uneasiness.

"Lloyd told me about the layout, there are five entrances, four being a secret passage way and one being the main entrance. We'll have five teams, each team will be lead by a(n) l/n. The first team will be lead by y/n and she'll take her team straight up the mountain to the main entrance. The second team will be lead by Zethran, he'll take the North secret entrance. Kye and Zyra will take the third team up to the southern secret entrance. Lloyd and Aaron will take the fourth team through the Western secret entrance and David and Mina will take the fifth group through the Eastern secret entrance," Shikamaru continued, "I'll sort the groups out now."

He put everyone in groups, I had the smallest one behind me because I was going through the main entrance, Shikamaru was going with Zethran because he's going through the back entrance and his jutsu is more useful for sneaking up on people and holding them down.

"Alright, everyone's ready, we're going to move out now," Shikamaru announced, "we'll move in one group until we reach a mile from the mountain, then we will split into the five groups and head off in the separate directions. Understood?"

"Yes," we all nodded. He nodded and walked over to me.

"Impressive, you got everyone on the same page quickly," I smiled, "Shikamaru Nara, the leader of the leaf nin attacking on annoying dude."

"I'm only motivated to do this because the result of this decides my beautiful wife's fate. I won't let anything happen to her," he smiled.

"Well now I know you aren't talking about me," I laughed before kissing his cheek and turning around, "Alright everyone! Let's go!"

°❄️°

"We're going to set up camp here so get into pairs and create a camp," Zethran stopped us before we all nodded and started setting up.

When we finished, Shika, myself, Zethran, Mina, Kye and Zyra all sat around a fire.

"Zethran, where's Lelei staying? Isn't Tamara out of the village?" I asked, striking up a conversation.

"Yeah, but I asked Kurenai to keep an eye on Lelei a bit longer," Zethran nodded, "I believe Kira is there too?"

"Yeah," Zyra and Kye both nodded.

"And Zak is staying at a friend's house," Mira added on.

"And the kid you guys were looking after turned out to be an enemy," Zethran nudged me, "how do you feel?"

"Oh fuck you, Ze," I rolled my eyes, "how would you feel if Lelei ended up betraying you, hm?"

That seemed to shut him up.

"Goddamn, I was actually beginning to enjoy having him around," Shikamaru shrugged with a sigh, "the house is going to feel a tiny bit empty again and he was only with us for a few days."

"Unfortunately, I have to agree with you there," I nodded, "same with Xander... It feels a bit weird without him blurting random things out at us."

"Yeah," Zyra nodded, "Mum isn't going to be able to scold him anymore."

"That's a good thing," Mina smiled sadly, "but I will miss him, I always will."

"We all will, mum," Zethran stood up and kissed her forehead, "anyway, I'm going to turn in now."

"Me too," I nodded before standing up and stretching, Shikamaru stood up as well.

"I think it's best we all turn in, tomorrow is going to be a stressful day," he said, everyone nodded and we went to our respective tents.

"Tomorrow is going to be tiring," I sighed, sitting down in the tent, Shikamaru took a seat beside me.

"Before we get there, we already know that we'll lose people," Shikamaru took my hand and rested our intertwined hands on his knee, "Morgue is too strong for us not to. We definitely will if he manages to do that jutsu."

"Yeah," I nodded, "oh I should warn you."

He hummed in confusion.

"It's going to get cold up there," I smiled before pulling us both down.

"Wait-- how cold are we talking?"

I just smiled and pulled my sleeping bag up.

"Y/n," he urged before sighing and wrapping his arm around my waist, "I guess I'll have to warn everyone in the morning."

°❄️°

"Alright, my team!" I shouted, everyone perked up, "let's get moving!"

I lead my team, Yuuto, Kotetsu, Izumo, Sakura and Hinata, away from the larger group and to the base of the mountain.

"Guys," I stopped, "I should probably warn you that it's going to lose a crap ton of heat once we get up there."

"How much are we talking?" Izumo asked.

"-15°C/5°F," I replied, they all looked at me in disbelief.

"Why didn't you tell us before?!" Yuuto shouted.

"Because if you brought cold weather outfits you wouldn't have been able to fight!" I shout back, "and besides, I forgot because I'm used to that weather now."

"How convenient," he sighed before taking a deep breath, "Alright, we can do this. We're a bit of a mismatch team but we can do it."

"Yeah!" Sakura smiled. I nodded and turned around again.

"Follow me then."