||67||

Earlier this morning I took a bunch of the old scrolls in my basement to Lloyd so he could try and find out a way to stop this jutsu.

I yawned as I walked through the forests of the outside of the gates, I came across the camp, expecting to only the snowflake guardians there, you can imagine how surprised I was when I saw Hiras and l/ns all happily talking together like hundreds of years worth of death and anger between the two clans didn't exist.

"Uh-- now I'm quite confused," I hummed as I walked through the camp, I came across Zyra, Zethran, Zak, Kye and aunt Mina who were all sat outside a tent with uncle Sora, dad and mum. I was about to head over to them when I was stopped by the missing sibling.

"Xander?" I looked at him confused but instead was dragged into a hug.

"It wasn't your fault," he whispered, "it was mine."

Suddenly emotions began bubbling up.

I quickly hugged him back.

"I don't want you to go," I mumbled.

Don't cry. Don't cry. I've already cried over him before.

"I have to," he chuckled, "it's unnatural for the dead to return from their graves. I do have a grave, right?"

"Not yet," we stepped apart and I gave him an apologetic look, "we got back here and were thrown straight into what just happened so we didn't have time to do anything formal like that. Your body is being preserved for now and we'll have your funeral later, once this is all over."

"Well it'd be super weird if I attended my own funeral," he laughed, lightening our mood a bit, "though I'd be able to be one of only people to say that I attended it."

"Don't be so weird," I rolled my eyes before sighing, "let's go over there. You should spend time with aunt Mina before you have to leave."

"You're right," he smiled and walked away from me.

I sighed and looked up into the sky with a small smile.

Would it be so much to ask, just this once, that the universe would let me keep this happiness of being able to be with my family again? Or is that asking too much?

"Y/n!" someone shouted, causing us all to turn to the source of the voice, it was Lloyd.

"What is it?" I asked as he ran over to me.

He stopped in front of me and placed his hands on his knees and took deep breaths.

"Take your time," I told him as he caught his breath before straightening up.

"This jutsu, we can't break it," he told me with a frowned.

"What?! You mean they're stuck here permanently?" I asked him, grabbing his shoulders, "hurry, tell me what you mean."

"It's not that they're stuck here permanently. We just can't force them back," he elaborated, "but they will return to their graves within seven days of being summoned."

"S-seven?" I repeated in shock, "like whole days?"

"Yes. Seven whole days," he told me.

I put my hand on my forehead as I felt a headache forming and brushed my hair back.

"More work," I sighed, "I'm so tired..."

"I apologise, it seems we're causing you stress," Xavier walked over to me, his eyes showed me he was truly apologetic.

"No no," I shook my head, "I basically signed myself up for this when I accepted the position as Head of the clan plus this all happened because I was too much of a coward to deal with Morgue straight up. Lloyd, this means I'll have more paperwork to do, am I right?"

"Correct," he nodded, "most of it will need to be given to Lord Kakashi tomorrow morning."

"Brilliant," I rolled my eyes before turning to everyone else, "you heard the man, this means you will all have to stay around here for a little longer. I'm sorry I can't put you to peace again. I wish I could."

I bowed to them all apologetically.

"It's fine," Xavier spoke for everyone, "you have worked hard up to now. I think you've done enough for us."

I straightened up and stared at him.

"You're too nice," I hummed, "I don't think I've come across anyone like you."

I guess Hinata is a bit like him. So I suppose I have met someone like him.

"I'll take that as a compliment," he nodded to me.

I just nodded back before turning around.

"Excuse me," I excused myself, "I should start this paper work."

"Hey!" Zethran quickly ran over, "let me help out a bit. I can be quite useful too."

"If you insist," I nodded, "you can do all the heavy work. Shikamaru is in his office doing work today-- er-- he's catching up with work he missed while out to the guardian mountain."

"Fine with me," Zethran nodded, "I'll come back tomorrow, dad, uncle, aunt... Xander..."

"You come by too, y/n," dad called, "I want to talk to you more before I have to go."

"I'll try my best," I nodded before we both turned and walked back to my house where a stack of work was waiting for me.

We sat at the dining room table and split the stack in half, beginning our work.

From time to time, Zethran would ask me for advice on what to put to some bit that seemed like it had to be my total undivided opinion.

We had a lot of fun while working, at one point Ze almost spilt tea on the work so I ended up pulling the table out of the way. He ended up spilling it on himself so he left to change while I quickly cleaned up the paper work again. After that, we got straight back to work.

Shikamaru didn't return to the house that evening, but it didn't matter because myself and Zethran worked until dawn just to have more paperwork given to us. So we napped for a bit and then got on the with next batch of work Lloyd and Drayton came and took the finished papers to Lord Kakashi while we started and the next set of work until the next day, we were totally finished and decided to head to the camp.