||52||

650 years ago_

3rd Person PoV

"Get in there," one of the white-haired men who'd caught Demetrius in the forest pushed him into a room.

"Hey!" he snapped as the door slammed shut behind him. He turned to see there was a white-haired person sat in front of sliding doors that were closed, a slight glow coming through from the afternoon sun.

"Demetrius," the figure spoke up before patting the floor beside him, "come and sit with me."

"Xavier?" Demetrius looked at the figure with unsureness as he walked forward slowly. The older boy was just looking into the doors like something interesting was on them, the closer Demetrius got to them, the more he could see of the patterns along with them. Like small drawings.

"Do you know what these are?" Xavier asked, Demetrius shook his head, "drawings of our past. I don't quite understand them. I understand it begins with a woman appearing suddenly and ends with her having two children representing the sun and the moon. Past that it's confusing. I can't make out what is happening. Maybe you can?"

Demetrius looked to the door, the first image was a falling star, the next was a woman all alone, she looked weird, her eyes had no pupils, after that it was the same woman with a man. Then it looked like a manhunt, after that there was a giant tree with cacoons hanging down from it. The next image was the woman but she was different, she had horns and what looked to be an extra eye with a strange pattern, then there were two children with the woman. They were grown in the next, similar features to the woman, one without the third eye, the other with, both with horns, the one with the third eye had two eyes of pure swirls. After that it looked like a fight between the woman and the two men who Demetrius deducted to be her children. It ended with a large ball of dirt in the sky, the two sons looking up at it. The next image was just one of the sons, all alone, it was the one with the third eye.

"What happened to the other son?" Demetrius asked, tracing his fingers over the figure of the other brother in the image before he disappeared.

"He died," Xavier replied, "how, I do not know. But he did."

After the image of the only brother by himself, he had two sons with him, one with eyes like the man's third eye, a weird pattern, the other with normal eyes. Then it was the two brothers around the man who looked aged and dying. The next was the son with the normal eyes seemingly glowing.

"What's happening here?" Demetrius asked.

"This is where the living son gave his power, to his youngest son, the one who chose kindness and not conflict," Xavier replied.

Demetrius' eyes skipped two images due to him catching sight of what looked to be a fight between the two siblings.

After that there were images of the gifted son travelling and people around him with unique abilities. Then there was a symbol.

"A snowflake?" he looked at it confused, then next to it was a slash and a skull, "and a skull?"

Xavier watched the boy curiously, he knew what it meant, or at least he had a good idea what it meant.

"The cold brings death?" Demetrius questioned, his face scrunched up into a scowl. Xavier let out a laugh before standing up.

"Don't think too hard about it," he told him, "there's nothing to it. Come on. I'm going to teach you something."

He pulled the doors open to show a large area of green covered from edge to edge with dozens of different coloured wild flowers and herbs just growing naturally in the area untouched by any building, only people going around and watering them or picking up a couple of herbs for a medicine.

Xavier lead Demetrius to the centre where a stone circle was, it had a curving in it resembling something like a snowflake.

"How old are you, Demetrius?" Xavier asked.

"I'm 11," Demetrius replied, "12 in a few months, how about you and Zachariah?"

"I'm 16, Zachariah is 15," Xavier replied, "now listen carefully. I saw that look on your face when Esme created that star if ice, I'm going to teach you how to do that as well. But shh-- it's our secret. Zachariah would never be happy."

Demetrius grinned as Xavier began explaining what chakra was and the rules of it. He then demonstrated how to create a small amount of chakra and turn it into the form that he wanted to.

"You try," Xavier gestured to Demetrius. The boy nodded and began following the order of steps that Xavier had told him. A few moments passed and nothing happened.

"I can't do it!" Demetrius exclaimed, slightly annoyed, Xavier smiled and took a seat on a bench near by.

"You can do it," he told him, "you just have to try."

Demetrius let an annoyed sigh out before nodding and focusing again. Time passed slowly from the afternoon to early evening.

"Maybe it's time we take a break," Xavier suggested, finding it boring to watch the younger boy just stand out doing nothing.

"No wait--!" Demetrius exclaimed as Xavier turned and began walking back to the house. Demetrius ran after him, passing a shadow and disappearing into it before appearing in the shadow of the house, a look of shock on his face and a look of curiosity on Xavier's.

"Well well, looks like I've been teaching you all wrong," he commented, "tomorrow, come back here and I'll help you, I'll even convince Zachariah to help. Now run on home before your parents worry."

Demetrius nodded and ran away just as Zachariah walked in.

"Why was he here?" he asked, looking to his brother annoyed.

"I've learned something," Xavier replied, "he's got a talent. Like our snow, he has shadows. Little brother, you must help me teach him."

"No, Xavier," Zachariah shook his head, "he's bad news, brother. Taking him in and teaching him even the basics are a bad idea. You know what the story says. Snowflake and a skull of darkness clash."

"But if we help him first then we won't have to worry about that!" Xavier exclaimed, "think about it, it'll be smart to teach him our ways and then that clash will never happen. The l/ns and Hiras won't be at war!"

Zachariah took a moment of silence before sighing.

"Fine, but as soon as this goes south I'm stopping and killing that kid," he replied.