||15||

I must've fallen asleep at some point while I was next to Yuuto because I was shaken awake by one of the nurses.

"Hello, miss l/n? Sorry but visiting hours are over," she told me rather apologetically. I groggily sat up and rubbed my eyes before yawning and stretching.

"Jeez how could I fall asleep, huh?" I scolded myself before standing up and following the nurse out the room. Sparing Yuuto one more glance before finally leaving and heading home.

°❄️°

"Welcome home!" Shikamaru's voice echoed through the building, "How's Yuuto?"

"The same as he was when I got there," I replied as I entered the living room to see him playing with Mirai while Kurenai was discussing something with Yoshino.

I sat down next to him and rested my head on his shoulder, Mirai instantly got more interested in me than Shikamaru and reached out to grab me.

"I feel betrayed," Shikamaru chuckled before passing the small girl over to me. I happily took her and started playing with her. She grinned and giggled before capturing my index fingers in her hands.

My smile faded when a drop of blood fell down onto Mirai's face. I pulled one of my hands away from her and put it under my nose to see it wasn't bleeding so I put it to my eye and pulled it away again. This time the red liquid appeared.

"O-oh?" I questioned, grabbing everyone's attention as Mirai looked up at me with tears in her eyes. Does she think I'm crying?

"Y/n!" I heard Shikamaru shout, but is sounded distant and I felt like I wasn't in my body. I couldn't respond. But a moment passed and I saw the world falling at an alarming rate.

Is this the backlash?

I can't even warn them..!

Shikamaru's PoV

"Shikamaru, come here a moment," my mother called me, I stood up and moved over to the two women. Noticing that y/n was completely engrossed with Mirai and hadn't noticed anything else happening around her.

"White or pink?" Kurenai asked, raising a piece of material and then resting it against the table.

"White," I replied, "the pink looks too much like a baby shower material."

"Yeah you're right," my mother nodded.

"O-oh?" we all heard y/n mumble and turned to her. My eyes widened in shock as I noticed her eyes bleeding.

She didn't look away from her hand that also had her blood on as she fell down.

"Y/n!" I shouted, running forward along with Kurenai and catching her and Mirai before they hit the floor.

I passed Kurenai Mirai and then carefully laid y/n down onto the sofa before grabbing my shoes.

"I'm going to get Zethran, watch her," I told my mother and Kurenai, they both nodded as I pulled my shoes on and then sprinted down the street to Zethran's and his trigger, Tamara's, house.

"Zethran I don't care what the hell you're doing," I shouted as I flew into the building to see him and Tamara making out in the entryway, "y/n needs your help!"

Zethran looked at me with a startled expression before sighing when he realised I was not moving an inch.

"Lead the way," he grumbled. I just grabbed his wrist and pulled him down the street as fast as we could go.

"Oi, Shikamaru stop will you?" Zethran growled, I just shot him a glare and kicked my shoes off, he did as well and I steered him to where I left y/n to see her in even worse a state as when I left.

"In the name of the moon, what happened to you?" Zethran basically shouted, skidding down to his knees in front of y/n and hovering his hands over her face.

He stayed like that for a while before picking her up and running out the house.

"Information please?" I asked as I followed behind him.

"The backlash for the giant war ending jutsu she preformed during the war has finally arrived. We need to get her hooked up to life support and hope that we can get in contact with Tsunade as soon as possible," he replied, urgency lacing his voice as we ran.

"Can't you guys heal her?" I asked as we burst into the hospital.

"We cannot. The only other person with enough chakra to do that was my father and unfortunately he's dead, remember," he replied as he placed y/n gently down onto a bed that was rolled over to us and then ran along side it to a room, "not even Sakura, Tsunade's prized student, has enough chakra."

What a drag.

Y/n you really are a troublesome woman.

"Alright get a message sent out to Lady Tsunade that we urgently need her help. Say it is addressing y/n's health," Zethran continued to order around as y/n was hooked up to machines. I couldn't help but stand back and glare at the sight.

°❄️°

This whole situation seems familiar.

I am sat beside y/n's hospital bed, holding her hand, staring at her sleeping form as the heart monitor keeps a steady beat.

"Y/n why do you keep hurting yourself?" I mumbled to myself

------------------------

Y/n: it's not my choice, the author likes to conduct sorrow and tragedy

Shika: she truly is evil

Both: *shakes head disapprovingly*

------------------------

I sighed and leaned back slightly.

Zethran is in a meeting with the l/n clan, explaining the situation while me and mother are sat her in the hospital.

"She'll be fine," I assured my mum, "I promise. She'll get through it. Y/n's been through so many life and death situations that it's ridiculous."

"I know," mum nodded, "I have faith she'll get through this. After all..."

I looked at her curiously before she winked.

"We're planning a wedding, aren't we?" she asked with a childish grin.

That lightened the mood.

"Oh what a drag," I grumbled, "you women really are troublesome."