||22||

Your dress and shikamaru's suit

Bridesmaids dresses

"You ready?" Tsunade asked as she hooked arms with me.

"Not really but I guess there's no delaying?" I replied awkwardly as Temari, Hinata and Ino joined the two of us in the entry way of the building.

"You look beautiful, y/n," Hinata smiled sweetly at me, I smiled.

"As do you," I replied, "all of you do actually. I didn't expect the dresses to work so well... Wow you might just outshine me today."

They chuckled before turning and walking towards the door.

"Let's go," Ino smiled back at us before opening the doors and lead the three bridesmaids out through the aisle.

I took in a deep breath and then walked with Tsunade down the aisle after the girls. Everyone, all our friends and family were all stood in front of their seats, watching as we walked down.

My heart was in my throat and I started questioning if I could do this. Am I worthy marrying Shika? He could do better than me, right?

"You look gorgeous," I heard those words get whispered in my ear, it snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked to see Shikamaru pulling away from me, his hand enveloping my own, sending a sense of comfort through me.

I smiled.

All those negative thoughts went flying away quickly.

"Alright," the monk in front of us opened his ceremonial book and smiled an aged smile to us, "shall we begin?"

-- Time skip brought to you by the lazyassed writer on summer holiday --

Shikamaru and myself walked around the hall and spoke with people from the different villages until it was time for our first dance...which ended pretty...awkwardly.

"You're such a clutz," Shikamaru laughed as he pulled me up from the floor.

"I'm not a dancer, OK?" I pouted, he just laughed and pulled me close before kissing me on my forehead then my lips.

"You're cute," he mumbled as he swayed us from side to side and rested his chin on my head.

Well at least this is the safer version of dancing, huh?

"Hey, y/n, there's someone at the door for you," Shikamaru whispered. I stepped away confused before looking over to where he'd said.

"Hey, am I late?" Yuuto.

"Y-Yuu?" I called out, he rubbed the back of his neck and laughed awkwardly.

"That's my name," he nodded with a grin before walking over, "mind if I steal her, Shikamaru?"

"Go ahead, we're not rivals anymore so I win," Shikamaru grinned. Rivals? What the hell are those two idiots talking about?

"I can see that," Yuuto nodded before offering his hand out to me, "can I have this dance, y/n?"

"No," I shot him down, "I can't dance."

He frowned and grabbed my hand.

"Humour me for a bit. I haven't been able to move around in a while," he demanded pulling me to the middle of the floor and then getting us into a dancing position, "I'll risk being stood on."

"Whatever you say," I sighed, we started swaying gently, "so when did you wake up and why didn't I know about it?"

"I woke up early this week, I heard you were getting married so I wanted to surprise you and so everyone kept it a secret. I wanted to be at the ceremony but the doctors demanded that they do more tests on me so unfortunately I missed it, but I'm here now so it's OK," he told me with a smile, "I'll be looking after Sofi and hers and Riku's soon to be son. What're you going to do now that there's really no need for ninja?"

"I don't know," I replied truthfully, "right now I'm y/n, the ninja and part time babysitter for Mirai Sarutobi. I don't really know what else I'm to do..."

"You're not really made for anything else, are you?" Yuu laughed, "well you are the head of a family now too, so you could devote your life to running the l/n's."

"But I'm not a l/n anymore, I'm a Nara," I smiled, "and I'm not cut out for that, I'm thinking of asking Ze if he'll be the Head. He's definitely more qualified for it, y'kno?"

"Don't do that, you're still a l/n. Just because you've got a new last name doesn't mean you're not a l/n. Hey, I don't think Zethran is made to be running a family. He can barely run his team," he told me, "you're built for it."

"Really?" I asked, "maybe I'll just open a shop or something. Do what Ino does with the flower shop."

"Oh yeah, she's the head of the Yamanaka family now, huh?" Yuuto commented, with a thoughtful face, "time sure does fly by. I remember when she used to hang around the flower fields with Sakura, well until they fell out. I feel like I've been sleeping for 10 years, it's crazy."

"If you did sleep for 10 years I would've killed you," I shook my head as the song stopped and we stopped, "anyway, don't sleep too long ever again, yeah?"

"You've got my promise," Yuuto nodded and smiled before looking at Shikamaru and then to a short haired blonde woman who was stood not too far away from him, "That's Sofi."

"I can see why Riku fell for her," I laughed before we walked over to the two of them.

"Yeah, total cutie, huh?" Yuuto winked to Sofi who just shook her head.

"Not even in your dreams, Yuu," Sofi replied, "anyway, come on, I'm starved."

Yuuto nodded and waved at me and Shikamaru before linking arms with Sofi and walking away.

"I see a couple growing, I'll give it 2 years maybe less?" Shikamaru smiled, before taking hold of my hand and leading me to a table where our bridesmaids and best men were sat, "let's eat, hm?"

"Yeah, let's," I agreed with a smile.