||36||

I was sat on my knees, my eyes closed as I sat in deep thought.

Shikamaru was on my left and the shadow Guardians still alive were dotted around me.

Currently we were sat in a cave, arms tied behind my back. Morgue and his men were doing something.

"Alright y/n, my darling granddaughter," I opened my eyes and looked to Morgue who was wearing a sick grin, "I'd love to see if you can fight one of your own to death."

What?

"No way," I shook my head, "unlike you, Morgue, we're a family, a close one at that. I won't even aim a jutsu in their direction if it means I have to hurt them. Training is a completely different situation though."

His eyes glimmered with what seemed to be amusement.

"How cute, you're so noble," he laughed before grabbing my shirt and dragging me up.

"Y/n!" Shikamaru tried to stand up but he just got kicked right back down, "you bastard! Let her go!"

"Shut up you," Morgue glared at the Nara before walking to what seemed to be a post in the centre of the room.

"What're you going to do with that?" I asked, "whack me over the head with it?"

Y/n, antagonising him probably isn't the best idea you've ever had in the world.

"Something like that," he replied, that's when I noticed a pair of cuffs hanging from the top. My ropes were cut and my wrists were trapped in the shackles.

"Let me go, Morgue and I'll let you live whatever sad life you have left," I told him.

"I'd like to see you try," he laughed, "those cuffs are blocking your chakra and your families weird ass jutsu."

"Fuck you," I glared.

"Alright, let's see, who to pick," he walked away from me and started to look at the snowflake guardians, "oh! How about your cousin?"

He grabbed Xander by the hair and dragged him over to the post opposite me. I pulled on the chains and glared.

"Let him go!" I shouted, "leave my family alone, goddamn it, Morgue!"

He just cuffed Xander and turned to me with an amused face.

"You'll have to fight your way out of this one," he laughed before stepping away and nodding to one of the men with him.

What the hell?! This man is sick! Mad! Absolutely bloody insane!

The floor below us seemed to begin shaking before it began going down.

"Y/n!" I heard Shikamaru shout, "Xander! You bastard bring them back!"

The sound of a crowd cheering filled both mine and Xander's ears. We both look to each other panicked.

"Hey, y/n," he smiled, "whatever happens, just know I love you, OK?"

"I love you too," I nodded, "but nothing is going to happen. I promise."

"You can't ensure that," he replied weakly.

Shikamaru's PoV

"Oh don't worry, you'll see them soon, have you ever heard of Shinobi battles. They're becoming rather popular at the moment," Morgue turned to me, "You're all going to witness one too."

"What are you talking about?" Lloyd snarled from beside me.

"Oh you poor sheltered fools," Morgue laughed, "the shinobi battles is where poor shinobi (who have nowhere to go after the war) battle for a living for rich people who have nothing else to do with their lives but watch. If they fail then they get abandoned in a ditch or something. There so happens to be an arena right under where we are."

That means--

"Yes, Shikamaru Nara, that means your darling wife is going to fight her own cousin to death," Morgue laughed before looking to his men, "grab a guardian each, I've got the Nara. Let's go watch the drama unfold."

Through his whole speech I'd managed to grab a kunai from my pouch and cut through ropes so when he came to me I sent my shadow to him.

"Shadow possession jutsu, complete," I smirked at him.

"Oh god!" he exclaimed before smirking, "is that how you wanted me to react?"

What?

"I'm a shadow guardian, I control the shadows," he clicked his fingers and my shadow returned to me straight away. I sighed and grumbled in an annoyed fashion as he clicked cuffs onto my wrists. His men did the same to the other snowflake guardians.

"What a drag," I grumbled, "why did we get stuck with an enemy like you?"

"You're just unlucky," Morgue replied before pushing me forward, "now hurry or we'll miss the entertainment."

What a savage--

°❄️°

Guess who's back? That's right. The snowflake guardians, konohagakure, the ninja, morgue, Shikamaru and y/n. Me too, obviously.

Updates may be slow during the week, but on the weekends I'll upload as much as I can :D