||29||

"Y/n! We have urgent news!" Kye shouted, "it's terrible!"

I hadn't even gotten out of the Hokage's office land before someone was shouting at me.

"What could be so terrible?" I asked, noticing that Zyra was there as well, she wore a worried expression while Kye looked like he wanted to punch someone's head right off their shoulders.

"Did you get the urgent notice?" Zyra asked, I nodded.

"I sent a message back, movement isn't much of an information breaker so I can't really act," I replied, "something happen?"

"Yeah," she nodded before passing me another red sheet, "we just got a new notice."

I took the sheet and read out the information.

'Guardians are dying left and right. The ice is somewhat melting a lot earlier than it was supposed to - its linked to the users life force, right? Why is it melting so soon? Not to mention there's something moving in the ice. We need help, please, as soon as possible! - Xander'

"Wh-what? Am I dying or something?" I asked in confusion before shaking my head and running up back into the Hokage Tower but this time going straight into Kakashi's office.

"Y/n?" Kakashi looked up at me in surprise.

"I need to know if there's anything big soon that you need Shikamaru for," I demanded, "it's really important."

"We have a summit at the end of the week, why?" Kakashi replied.

"I request that you allow us to leave the village, but I must go sooner, most helpful if today rather than later," I told him before passing him the urgent notice, "seems something big is happening to my snowflake Guardians and I need to inspect it immediately."

Kakashi took a moment to read the paper before nodding.

"I'll send shikamaru, I just need a location, what're you going to do with Ayanakoji?" Kakashi asked, his eyes shimmering with curiosity. I hummed.

"I guess I'll have to take him with me," I replied, "I can always train him while we're out there so he won't miss much, but this is important but I also can't leave him behind. It's a mess."

"He is your responsibility now," Kakashi nodded, I just gave him a bored look, I already know that, "so I guess he'll have to go with you. But you have to promise that you'll train him and protect him."

"Yeah yeah," I sighed before pulling the map off his wall and circling the location, "that's the location."

"Alright, you're both permitted to leave the village, I'll send Shikamaru after you as soon as I can," he told me, I nodded and turned, leaving the office just to walk head first into someone's chest.

"Bloody--" I grumbled before looking up to see Shikamaru, "oh, hello Shika."

"What's going on?" he asked, "why were you with Kakashi?"

"There's something happening at the ice," I told him, he looked like he just fell into deep thought, "anyway, I need to go and get packed. Koji is coming as well."

"Koji?" he repeated confused.

"Ayanakoji," I gave him a bored expression, "anyway, Kakashi will explain everything to you, I got to get moving."

"You think it's wise to take the kid with you?" Shikamaru called after me.

"No," I replied, "but I've got no choice."

"He starts the academy tomorrow, keep him here and I'll take him with me," he told me, "I'll explain to Kakashi. Its better for him to go to the academy on his first day rather than later, it'll be harder for him to make friends."

I sighed before turning to him.

"You have to be home for him," I warned him, "you'll have to make sure he gets breakfast and dinner and have a lunch for him for lunch."

"How troublesome," he sighed, "who knew having a kid would be so much effort."

"So you going to do it or not?" I asked, "I'll ask Zyra to make lunches for him all you have to do is make sure he has breakfast, lunch, does his homework and go to bed by 8pm."

He let out a long sigh.

"OK," he nodded, "I'll do it then."

"Make sure you remember, Shika," I warned him before turning on my heel and walking out the building, "remember to tell Kakashi as well!"

"So?" Zyra asked, looking at me with worry.

"I'm going over there now, but I'm going to need you to help out with Shikamaru," I told her, she looked at me confused, "me and shikamaru are looking after a boy who I picked up on the road, he's called Ayanakoji and Shikamaru is going to look after him until he comes to the ice as well he'll also bring Koji along. However, I need you to just make sure that Ayanakoji has a lunch for the academy and that he makes his way over there until Shikamaru and he meets me at the ice."

"Alright," she nodded, "I'd like to meet him."

"Sure, he's with Aunt Mina at the moment," I replied with a smile before the three of us went over to Mina's house again.

"Welcome back," Mina greeted us as we entered to see Ayanakoji and Zak playing cards on the floor in front of her, "Koji, you can put that card down."

"And then those three and you win," I pointed out as I sat down behind him, "anyway this is my other older cousin, Zyra and her husband Kye."

"Hello," Zyra greeted the boy, "it's great to finally meet you!"

After the introductions I explained the situation before myself and Zyra and Kye left the house.

"We have to go pay the babysitter for their services," Kye told me before the two smiled and waved, I waved as well and walked home before packing my things and pinning a note to the fridge for Shikamaru so he knew where to pick Ayanakoji from, once that was over, I left the village.