||62||

Shikamaru's PoV

We were all anxiously sat around, waiting for y/n to return when suddenly a giant iceberg appeared down at the bottom of the mountain, it somehow reached high above the crater in which we were all still sat in.

"What the hell is that?!" someone shouted.

"Y/n," I mumbled before we all began our ascent up to the top of the crater to get a better view just to see on top of the tower of Ice was y/n and she was a mess, however, the person kneeling in front of her looked worse than her indefinitely.

Ten minutes earlier_

Your PoV

"What the?!" I looked around to see myself and Morgue were stood in a circle of shadow guardians, the appearance of someone chained up caught my attention, "mum!"

"Y/n!" my mother looked at me, she looks beaten, she's bleeding and chained up like some kind of feral beast.

"What the hell have you done to my mother?!" I shouted, glaring at Morgue.

"She was resurrected a while back. One of the first ones, actually," Morgue informed me, walking over to my mother and grabbing her face, I went to grab him but someone hooked my arms and held me in place, "she wasn't very obedient, so of course we had to teach her a lesson."

"She's your daughter!" I shouted, "what the hell?! Who does that to their own child?"

Morgue dropped her face and turned to me.

"Just as you said. I am her father. As her father, I have the right to discipline her," he told me.

Discipline is just giving her a light scolding or grounding her. Not beating her up!

"I'm alright, y/n," mum smiled at me weakly. Now I may not have been able to grow up with her by my side at all times and the only few interactions I have with her are while dreaming, but still. It annoys me that Morgue would do such a thing.

"Now, you will die here," Morgue looked at me and glared, "once you die then the rest of them will too and the Shadow Guardians will be the one left on top."

"Don't you mean 'Shadow Guardian'? There's only one of you," I scoffed, "you can resurrect as many as you wish but they'll just be that, resurrected and at some point that will break and you'll be alone. At least I have family and friends who would avenge me. Have you ever hear that even if you cut the head of an insect off, it can continue to live with just a body? You may kill me but my guardians will be perfectly fine without me, even though they think that they won't be."

"We'll see about that," someone stepped forward, "let me slice her open! I want to see her bleed!"

"Calm down, Yoset," Demetrius grabbed the man who looked like he was ready to chop me into little pieces and serve me like sushi.

I'll stay away from him.

"This is that man's fight," Demetrius pointed to Morgue, "we need to butt out."

So they don't even think of Morgue as a member of the clan by the sounds of it.

I glanced over my shoulder to the two men holding me back and managed to slip an arm out of their grip before shooting a frosty cloud of cold at them and then charged at Morgue.

"This time you will stay dead!" I shouted, Morgue spun around to face me and quickly jumped out the way. I pulled out my kunai and ran forward again, throwing the kunai as I moved, gradually pulling kunai after kunai after kunai out of my weapons pouch and threw them at Morgue as we both moved, he kept retreating backwards and dodging as I kept advancing forward.

It didn't take long for us to actually get out of the shadow guardian group and into an area open just at the bottom of the mountain. 

Morgue threw his hands out and jumped up, a swam of shadows wrapped around his feet and dragged him up off the floor, I glared and jumped into a shadow of one of the boulders, willing myself to appear right next to Morgue.

3rd Person PoV

As soon as y/n popped out of the shadow beside Morgue, she threw her leg up, sending a quick moving kick towards the man who stared at her with wide eyes. He didn't have enough time to move out of the way, so he threw his hands up to his face and braced for the collision that eventually came. The sudden force pressed against his arms sent him flying off his shadow pillar, his arms stinging and reddening as he moved and pulled up a wall of shadows to catch him.

"She's faster at that than I thought she'd be," Morgue muttered, addressing her speed with shadow hopping, not knowing that that was the only way she travelled around before moving to the leaf village, "what the--?"

Morgue was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice y/n pop up beside him again, he whirled around with wide eyes as she threw a punch at him, connecting with his jaw with a loud crack. 

Stumbling back, he cradled his jaw before flying forward and sending a punch back, however, y/n took his not so thought out move to her advantage and simply knocked his fist to the side before dropping down and kicking his feet from under him then slamming her hand on the floor and sending a pillar of ice up into his back.

Morgue gasped in shock as the pillar knocked the wind out of him, he rolled over, clutching his stomach and gasping for air before looking up to the h/c haired girl in front of him, 'she's just like m/n' was all he thought before he scurried to his feet and strengthened his stance, both hands thrown out in front of him.

"Take this!" he shouted before two strands of black escaped the palm of both of his hands and went swirling around y/n, she looked around her, her attention glued to the black shadow like snakes that were flying around her. Morgue adopted a sly smirk and moved his right hand forward, cutting off the two strands from that hand and then sending an arrow of shadows in her direction, catching her moment of obliviousness to her surroundings to his advantage and managed to plant the arrow straight through her shoulder. It disappeared as soon as it exited, y/n gasped in shock before clutching her shoulder and glaring at the two strands of black that were still hovering around her, they froze and dropped to the floor, shattering on impact. Y/n spun around and lifted her injured arm, the pieces of ice on the floor rose up and pulled out into a splint like shape before flying forward. Morgue moved from side to side, dodging the splints, y/n noticed and clicked her fingers, they all suddenly melted and turned into boiling water, dropping down onto Morgue causing him to look at y/n in surprise, not knowing that she was able to do that.

"Ah-- ow ow ow ow. Man that hurts," Morgue mumbled, turning around and then facing y/n again before pulling his cloak off and pulling out two kunai, both of them seemed to have shadows pouring off it, "I see you're pulling no punches, I suppose I'll have to get serious now then."

The two stood in silence for a few moments, just staring at each other before y/n smiled.

"Then allow me to make it so we wont be interrupted," she offered before throwing her hands up, the ground began rumbling and shaking before the two nin were thrown up in the air by a large pillar of ice, "don't lose your balance now. Wouldn't want you to... fall off."

Morgue looked over the edge of the pillar, suddenly feeling a lot more uncomfortable at being so high up off the ground. Goosebumps ran up his spine before he shook them off and looked towards his 'granddaughter' seriously.

"I guess what happens up here is what decides the future of our clans. Will it be the l/n clan who will survive... or the Hira clan?" Morgue asked before the two charged forwards, each holding kunai, ready to succeed in this fight. The fight that will finally end this story: Snowflake Guardians vs Shadow Guardians, an eternity of hate, started by two brothers and their student over 500 years ago.