||18||

I yawned and sat up, stretching as I did to see a crease where Shikamaru was lying but now wasn't.

"Wonder where he is," I mumbled, looking to the clock to see it was only 7am, an odd time for Shikamaru to get up, even before is really rare.

Sighing, I force myself out of bed and walk out the room just in time to hear something crash to the floor.

I quickly ran through the hall to see Tsunade and Shikamaru both on the floor with food covering them.

Leaning against the doorframe I cover my mouth with my hand to try and stifle the loud laughs that were involuntarily escaping me.

"Lady Tsunade!" I heard Shizune shout at the blonde, hands on her hips as she shook her head disapprovingly and Tonton climbed onto Tsunade before sitting on her head. This made me laugh even harder.

All eyes then focused on me as I just slid down to the floor laughing at the ridiculous sight in front of me.

Shikamaru propped his elbow up on the floor and rested his cheek on his hand while looking at me curiously.

"What're you laughing at, huh?" he asked with a smirk.

"Well you see..." I trailed off as a slither of syrup slid down his forehead and dripped onto his nose causing him to jump in surprise, "that. This sight is so.. Wow.."

He just sighed.

"What a drag, I got syrup on myself too?!" he groaned before I walked to the kitchen and pulled some tissues off the shelf before kneeling in front of him and wiping as much of the food on his face, off.

"Go shower, Shika, then you can clean the house," I told him before redirecting my gaze to Tsunade, "you too, Tsunade. No discussion. Now go, chop chop."

The two of them sighed and walked away.

"Tea?" Shizune asked, a hand stretched out to me, I smiled and nodded.

"Tea sounds amazing right about now."

°❄️°

"You look much better without all that food on you," I commented as Shikamaru slotted himself onto the sofa next to me and wrapped an arm around me before placing his head on my shoulder and stole my hand closest to him, in his own hand.

"Hey, you should think I look great with or without food on me," he replied with a slight pout. I chuckled before kissing his cheek.

"Nah," I shook my head, "by the way, you still taste like syrup."

He just sighed and nuzzled his face into my neck, obviously trying to hide the embarrassment.

"What was happening this morning anyway?" I asked as Tsunade took a seat next to shizune across from us.

"Shikamaru wanted to make you breakfast in bed, but the floor was slippy for some reason and he slipped so then I tripped over him and well...you saw the rest," Tsunade informed me with a loud sigh, "I've never been so humiliated in my life."

"No need to feel that way," I shook my head, "its our little secret. Though I might tell Choji about Shikamaru. I'm sure I'll get a great laugh with him."

"Troublesome woman," he mumbled through my shirt.

"Lady y/n!" Luca came flying into my house.

"Luca?" both me and Shikamaru asked in unison.

"Xander got in another fight!" Luca called over to us.

"With who?" both myself and Shikamaru asked again with unamused faces.

"Konohamaru," Luca replied nonchalantly, now not really caring, "he told me to tell you that he won but make it sound urgent at the beginning. Anyway, that's it. I'll be off."

I just blinked.

"Wow today is one weird day, I think I need to just... Sleep for a bit longer," I sighed, moving myself so my legs were hanging over the arm of the sofa and my head was on Shikamaru's lap. He stared down at me before smiling. I smiled right back.

"You can't sleep, we've got planning to continue," Shikamaru said with an innocent voice before pushing me off him and the sofa and then dragging me to our room, "get dressed, we're going to Kurenai's."

"Mirai!" I shouted excitedly before jumping up and grabbing random clothes.

"No, Mirai won't be there," Shikamaru told me, I slumped forward sadly, "I'm joking. Be reading in five minutes."

I grinned and got ready.

°❄️°

"Mirai! How's my favourite goddaughter?!" I asked as I scooped the small child up out of the feeding chair.

"She really does have you wrapped around her little finger, doesn't she?" Kurenai asked with a small smile.

"Uh.. Duh.." I replied in a matter of a fact tone like the whole situation was completely obvious, "She's so cute."

"So are you," Shikamaru commented as he kissed my cheek before grabbing the book offered to him by Yoshino.

My face was on fire so I just sat in a corner where Mirai's toys were and played with her, occasionally giving my opinion when it was asked for.

I'm not a planner.

More like a doer.

Planning is definitely Shikamaru's thing.

I'll leave him to do the thing he does best.