5. Belated birthday and a broken heart

( Zalay's Birthday Cake.)

They went upstairs only to find a table decorated very beautifully by the end of fenced terrace

They went upstairs only to find a table decorated very beautifully by the end of fenced terrace. Bunch of balloons firmly rooted to certain spots, some hanging down. Flower petals scattered on table. In the middle of table was a big chocolate cake.

With a gilded wire which was hanging on the customised wall behind the table, 'happy birthday' was hung. Fairy lights were tied acround the alphabets, illuminating them in a most beautiful way.

It was Zalay's dream birthday set-up.

"Happy Birthday Zalay." Aazeen whispered in her ear and she gasped.

"What?" She looked at her, bewildered.

"Happy belated birthday." Zumeer voiced, rolling his eyes at Aazeen.

"Cake looks so delicious. Let's cut it Zalay." Aazeen dragged her forward and thrusted the knife into her hands.

She was dumbfounded. "You guys must be joking. My birthday was weeks ago. Plus this all would have been costly. Trust me there was no need."

"Zalay, to be very honest," he scratched his neck, "Abbu asked us to do this. He believes you need a break from your studies."

"What?" She snapped, "Mamo asked you two."

"Yah?" Aazeen nodded.

"That's so nice of him. Why wouldn't he and Mami join us?"

"You can argue about this with him at home. For now let's live the moment."

Zalay nodded and proceeded to cut the beauty in front of her, "Gosh! It's so pretty." She chuckled, covering her mouth. She didn't know why she was so nervous. Looking around the building's fence, she inhaled the dampness in the air, intermingled with the fragrance of roses.

As she slid down the knife slowly in cake the two started crooning the birthday song followed by a click. Zameer had taken a picture of her.

"Hey! You could've asked me." She shook her head. "I must be looking a crazy."

"Its candid and candid is always beautiful."

She shook her head and fed a small piece to Aazeen and then to him.

"Here, from me and this one-" she pointed at a bag, "this is from Zameer. He was shy to give it to you." She forwarded the gift bags to her.

Zalay chuckled, "thank you so much but why were you shy Zameer?" She lifted up her eyeb at her.

"That isn't how she explained it."

"Actually Zameer never buys anyone gifts. We will see what he has got for you." Aazeen chimed in making her brother frown.

"Why would you see her gift?"

"Why not?"

Zameer shook his head and left to get the cake packed whilst Zalay stood dumbfoundedly not knowing what to say between the two siblings. It always rioted the feelings through her that how beautiful life could be if you have siblings.