50. Love yourself

This chapter was updated incomplete. So kindly reread it from the last.
<3

Zalay kept striding until after 45 minutes she reached home. She was relieved to see her home from the corner of the street but she stopped when she saw silhouette on the door, not even moving just leaning against the wall there. Zalay pondered for a while. His head was bowed and his hands in his jeans pocket, tall body. Whoever it was he didn't give her Zumeer vibes. More it cannot be him because he will come tomorrow.

Clearing her throat she tried to gain his attention. Silhouette moved and looked at her. When it came closer, street lights flashed his body. "Hey Zalay. I came—ugh", he scratched the back of his neck. William always did it when he was nervous. "I came to see you. Couldn't meet you well there at Starbucks."

"Its ok" she smiled politely.

Zalay didn't want to discuss anything about Joseph. She was utterly mad at how he dared cover her eyes. "Do you know why Joseph came there?" She looked at him, anticipating an answer that could clear her mind. "You told him that i was back here?"

He quickly shook his head, "why would i? You know how much i loathe him."  They both stood there. He sighed staring at the sky. "Its just he wants to explore every single girl." He looked at her, reading her face, "i know him i have spent a good long time with him. Even girls like it, those temporary relationships"

"All girls aren't like this."

"I know." His eyes stared at the stars again. "Sad. Alice wasn't one of them."

Zalay looked at him briefly, she felt the pain in his words. Somewhere she could understand that it wasn't this easy to come out of past. 

"William? Its been more than 8 months. You should have moved on."

"I have." He looked at her, giving her a smily nod. "Last thing i heard about her was that she has left the town and gone somewhere far. Good thing isn't?" He laughed slightly.

She smiled along.

They heard the main door open. Both turned to see and found Omer who was  probably about to go out and was opening the gates for his car, looked at them. "Hey William. Long time" he gave her a manly one shoulder hug. He looked at Zalay. "You should go inside. Why are you both standing in the street anyways?"

"Oh thats ok. I am going"

William retreated saying a goodbye. Zalay too just was about to step inside the home when Omer said behind her, "Zalay, you should at least care about Zumeer if not us."

Zalay halted in her steps and turned to look at him. "Sorry?"

"I think we have talked about this earlier." He got in his car, bringing engine to life. "Stay away from them. I don't like em at all."

"But he is my friend." Zalay retorted. Omer said nothing but drove away.

🔳

Zalay had cooked dinner for Zumeer. She was waiting for him desperately. It had been more than a week since she had seen him. When the bell rang she sneaked into kitchen because before she could go to open, Omer already was quick enough to be the one opening door.

She knew he must be tired after all day work office and then three hours travel to get here so she had already set up the guest room. She could here him talk outside with Omer until both of them went into drawing room. After Tayya Abbu, Omer and Zumeer had had their dinner in drawing room. She washed up all the dishes and went to guest room again to have a look if anything needed to be cleaned. Afterwards she went to her room and shut the door. Jumping in her bed she let the sleep overtake her.