15. Payback?

This chapy is dedicated to @user85114334 for she brought a smile on my face even in the toughest week of my life.

But Alhamdu'lillah.

So does anyone wants to see how the cast of TST(THE SIDE TABLE) chitchat together.

JUST LEMME KNOW AND I'D MAKE SURE YOU GUYS AT LEAST HAVE A GLIMPSE OF IT.

ALSO I WAS THINKING TO CHANGE MY BOOK COVER. WHAT SAY?

Next day went the same until the evening. Zalay and William had not started talking. Zalay was feeling guilty but she couldn't help it. How could she let Omer say nonsense because of William. She sighed as she put the mixture in oven. She leaned against the shelf holding its sides with both hands and looked at Williams who was lost somewhere too. Williams gaze was fixed on floor that was marbled white.

She was worried seeing him troubled because she had heard him shouting through the phone at someone a while ago when he pretended to go to washroom.

Slowly clearing her throat, "will?"

He hummed not looking at her.

"Why are you upset?"

"Thats not your problem to worry about" he coldly replied still gazing floor as if that white plain surface was the most interesting thing ever.

Her heart squeezed for he used the same words as she had used yesterday.

She just nodded in response which she knew he hasn't noticed. "Alright i'd just go offer my prayer" and she left. There was a small room where new utensils and stuff was kept. She had placed a Jayenimaz on the top of utensils almirah after taking permission from owner. She offered her prayer. She blew the dua on her. At somewhere of her heart she also prayed silently for William to forgive her. She remembered his smiling face when he approached her table and then how she shattered his heart.

She requested Allah to pardon her for her behavioural issues. But then a saying reverberated in her mind 'if human forgives you, ALLAH Forgives you too'. She made up her mind that she would say sorry to William whenever she gets a chance.

She asked Allah Almighty to help her go through the last year of University as after that she would InSha'Allah get a nice or descent job and soon would move out of the place if possible but she knew it gonna take years to gather money and move out. Still she hoped and prayed to Allah because for Allah nothing was impossible.

She folded the prayer mat and settled it back on its place.

When she came back, she saw William had already taken had cake out and placed it on tray to let it cool down. He shoved his arms into the sleeves of jacket and shrugged it on. He grabbed his keys harshly. His gestures showed as if he was going somewhere.

"Tell Mr. David i had an important thing to do"

"Will wait. How will i handle this alone"

"You can" he walked out, "bye" she sighed as he heard him. Looking back she saw he had already prepared colourful creams, sprinkles, chocolate syrups and chocolate chips and had arranged them separately in the bowls. She started her work knowing he wasn't there to guide her anymore. Whatever she was still a beginner. It was her 8th day there.

Managing all the things and after summing up everything. She put the 4 cakes she had prepared, in freezer after icing them. On usual days, they would together prepare 8-9 cakes which would be sold by next day they come. She cleaned the tiles and wiped off the creams and beads she had thrown off in rush. After washing her hands she stowed her mini handbag. She came out to say her goodbye to Mr. David. "Wiley didn't show up?" Owner asked.