16. The little us, we hide

My dear silent readers, do vote.
Hehe.

A week had passed. The mini argument had not been resolved between Will and Zalay yet. Because he had been acting super suspicious and shady these days. He always had a clueless face on. His actions explained something weird. Never in his 10 months baking experience he had poured in the things excessively but now sometimes the cake would be super sweet or super fluffy and cracked up whilst baking up i oven due to over addition of baking powder. Sometimes the cake would give off salty taste. Suddenly they had started to get complains from customers and owner was not even any happier with their work anymore.

It felt like as if William's mind was offtrack and he couldn't just focus on his very little work. She was just already reading it through his blank expressions. She was understanding that something was wrong with her distant friend and she herself was the reason for making him distant when he tried approach her as a nice friend.

It was 6pm in evening and it was the time for them to leave. William removed the apron and hung it aside. After they had cleaned the dishes wiped off the shelf and assured the owner for the cakes were fine. They headed to their way that lead to outside.

That was when she stopped him when they exited the door of bakery. She asked him for a talk if he didn't mind and he replied her with why not. He suggested they both should just walk home and chitchat but she being scared of Omer's threats suggested to sit inside any of the table in bakery. He was fine with it.

Taking their seats she cleared her throat, "look Will i am sorry for my behaviour a couple of days ago" she looked down feeling bad for being so rude.

"Oh that, that cafe thing—" he vaguely gestured and she nodded "I didn't even remember it anyways" he replied making her smile. "Thats why you weren't taking to me from the previous week" she asked.

He rubbed his forehead, "its just—I didn't feel like talking"

"Mind if i ask why?"

"Sure you can ask" his smiling face suddenly straightened up as he leaned on the chair glancing the hustle and bustle on road as the sky above showed orange-pink shades, "i have been a part of Ravens since i had joined high school and to be more clear and precise——five years ago" she nodded as he continued, "you know Alice——Alice Andrews?"

"Yah of course. In Miss Josephine's lecture she sits next to you right? And is always hugging you" Zalay thoughtfully answered, "and one day she had a mini argument with me whilst collecting assignments in the class"

William nodded, "and you know that she is the girl i have loved since i was in high school" he stopped, "i am sorry for one thing... I don't know if you remember it or not but in the start of University you saw me and her in the class together" he stopped again and shifted uncomfortably.

Zalay had a thoughtful expression on. Suddenly it flashed in her mind.

What felt like a long time ago when the class had ended she, like other kids, came out and went to stairs to read a book when she remembered her water can that she had left in the class. She went back to class and gasped when she found a boy and girl in the corner of classroom romping.

Oh my God! That was Will and Alice, she thought feeling awkward but right now she wanted to listen what he was saying.

"I remember it and you don't have to be sorry for it" she stated knowing it was nothing for English kids if they love each other its ok then.