18. A thing called-Love of the life

Later that night, Zalay received a phone call. She was busy in going through her notes but attended the phone anyways.

"Hello?" She tilted her head to grip the mobile in between her ear and shoulder as she started to count the pages of her assignment.

"Hello" she heard a faint voice yet it was recognisable.

"How are you Will?" She replied sounding a little excited tho 'cause Will had never ever made a call to her. After getting no reply but a sigh she asked again, "you alright?"

He cleared his throat, "I am cool as always" he chuckled "whats up at your place" his tone and accent had suddenly changed from feeble to a charming one within just a second.

"Miss Josephine's work" Zalay replied a little smiling, "you know what tomorrow is the last date of submitting assignment and i am literally in no mood of messing with your girlfriend as she would be submitting it" she stopped—shit——"i mean your Ex"

She only found silence on the other side of phone. Suddenly she changed the topic, "you had something to say?"

"Yah" A mere yah he spoke in response but what felt now was that his voice was deep and hurt.

Forgetting four years relationship would definitely take time, she thought feeling sad for him.

"What is it?" She now put the assignment aside and focused only on phone call. Zalay heard some shuffles through the phone.

May be these are gust of air only if he is outside, she thought.

She was again dragged to present when his voice came through the other side of phone "A friend of mine is throwing a party as the the girl who he proposed said yes to him" he took a breath, "he has invited all the youngsters from University"

"Yah?" She asked, confused.

"Will you come and join my company"

Your company? You mean Ravens..No!——but he said he walked out of Ravens——still a no. How can i go there? Gee like look at my Hijab, she wildly thought.

"I cannot answer you right now. I'd think"

He nodded even tho he was on phone, "Alright i'd wait for your answer then. You got 5 days, party is on Thursday"

Call was ended after their exchange of goodbyes.

Does he want to show Alice that he has me now? Is he avoiding going alone there? What if kids there start to consider me his girl like Astaghfirullah——Omer would kill me! What if people start imagining me in a wrong way? No way i am never going, she thought like lunatics.

I have never been to such parties-sharties anyways, she thought

Kids there drink and drop veil of decency especially girls but thats their life—they definitely can do anything. Unlike me they don't cage themselves in their room, her thinking kept on.

"Anyways you still can't go there. Finish your work" she whispered more like ordered herself and shook her head for wasting her 5 minutes because of her own useless thinking.

◾️

Her loud, ear racking alarm rang. For her the whole room was shaking. Rubbing her eyes, she sat in bed tiredly.

Tiredly?

Yah because she was facing insomnia these days. Not just these days but from quite a long time she was dealing with it. When she sat properly throwing the sheets off of her, letting the cold storm of air hit her body for the sleep to creep off.