25. Penning what feels

They sat together. All were busy in studying. Who could keep the young kids quiet as some whispered into each other ears as talking wasn't allowed in library.

Zoe peeked through the book that she was holding upside down, "is he gone?" She asked as innocently as hell. She could get one's heart melting with her actions and guess who? Noah fell the victim.

"Yah.." Replied Noah who sat on the table beside her. He took the book from her hold and turned it over, "here" he said handing it back to her. She just chuckled in return realising what she was doing.

"He must acknowledge it better" Noah retorted, rolling his eyes.

"Whatever" she threw the book on table and leaned back, "thank God, this librarian is just gone. In other days he keeps counting on me" she said bending down the table and picking up her smoothie from under her chair.

"Thats probably because you always sneak in with food which is against the rules and strictly prohibited" Noah scowled.

"Heck No! I cannot focus" Spoke Zalay as she slammed the pen down against her notebook.

"Focus on what-" asked Noah scrunching up his eyebrows.

"Nothing"

Zoe was busy again sipping down her smoothie when she felt librarian on a round and again she hid it under the table and in this regard she also got her head hit with the corner of table. Noah who was tapping his fingers on table and humming some song along too stopped.

"I felt some disturbance there" asked librarian in a professional way.

"Eh No" Zoe said rubbing her head where she just banged it, "you have been mistaken again" she smiled widely at him.

Zalay shook her head at her. Zalay didn't know what relish Zoe got for annoying the crap out of this innocent librarian.

She sighed and again picked up her pen to write down something.

Life is like two sides of coin.

On one hand you see people all laughing, chirping, chitchatting and much more. You'd see girls doing their shopping, makeup and making their selfies. You'd see people phone calling and gossiping with each other. You'd see young boy holding guitar and practicing some admirable tunes. You'd see a young girl holding balloon in her hand with a rich smile on her face or a little baby opening his eyes after coming out of his mother's womb. You'd see a rainbow after a heavy rain which will be followed by the bright sunshine.

YOU'D SEE MUCH MORE, THAT'S LIFE RIGHT?!

Zalay put the pencil down as today's morning conversation reverberated through her mind and then last night - things didn't seem to go any well, she thought. She glanced Zoe and Noah who were making sure to the librarian that they haven't sang the song, that must be someone else. But guess what? librarian knew them pretty well. She chuckled over what she was seeing.

She then took a deep breath and again got the pencil in between her fingers, readying herself. Hesitantly she completed the incomplete paragraph.

But just exactly on the other hand, only and only if you notice, you'd see that the people are laughing and chitchatting about one's weakness, about one's pure heart that might gets broken that night. Girls would be posting their pictures on social media platform but right after reaching home, one of them might wipe her makeup off along with her tears because all she has been doing is just to dress up to fake herself in front of society. No one could see but Only she was aware of the grief swelling inside her. The boy who is sitting on the end of street practicing guitar is only because he finds these tunes, he plays on guitar, his best friends. This might be his only way to sneak loneliness and the thoughts of not being good enough. And passers might think that he is showing off! That young girl with a balloon in her hand looks wonderfully beautiful but just as balloon slips from her hand, her smiley face changes into sad one as the balloon flies and sways above in the sky. Those small tiptoe acts she made after it couldn't bring her balloon and rich smile back. That little fellow who came out of her mother's womb starts crying because he/she realises that second that there is much sufferings in this life that he is gonna face. After a heavy rain that enmeshes everything with it including little huts of poor and the very littlest things they had in there. Those poor don't see the rainbow afterwards in the sky, they only see the broken pieces of their gathered stuff all scattered on ground. That bright sunlight also doesn't bring shine in their lives.

YOU'D SEE MUCH MORE THAT'S LIFE RIGHT?!

She put the pen down. Her hands shivered as she read what she had written. A weird filled her inside as she blinked. Getting up abruptly, she pushed the chair behind. It was against the rule to push or drag the chair in the library and so as she did, everyone looked at her. "Excuse me" was all she said as she mini looked at her friends before gathering her stuff and storming out. She headed up to washroom. To her luck it was empty. So she threw her bag down and locked herself. She vomited in there until she clutched onto her stomach and fell down on floor. Because she had nothing in her stomach to throw up yet her stomach squeezed. She couldn't bear it anymore. This time she didn't stop her tears from rolling down as she just sat aimlessly on floor. She cried and once she felt someone's presence outside there. She covered her mouth in order to not let any hiccup come out. She still could hear shuffles.

"Zalay?" Came a voice that felt too recognisable. Zalay's grip on her mouth tightened. "Zalay i know you are in there. I see your stuff outside. What happened?" Asked Zoe, curious. Zoe's hands reached for door but it was locked.

"I am coming i am just- " Zalay replied. Wiping off her cheeks she stood up and as she felt the urge again - she started throwing up. Her head was aching and she felt she would faint soon. She heard Zoe knocking and banging on door asking if she was okay and that why was she puking.

Zalay turned away aa she heard the flush and opened the bathroom door. Seeing Zoe tapping her foot on the floor. Her eyes were questioning but she ignored her merely whispering 'i am fine' and then she took off to rinse her face.

Zoe's hands rested on her shoulders as she washed her face. When Zalay stood straight drying her face. Zoe asked, confused and intrigued, "are you really even okay?"

"Yah! what happened to me" Zalay glanced her through mirror. Her eyes felt so empty to Zoe. Zoe reached her and turned her over. "Have you slept properly last night? You look very tired"

Zalay merely nodded but could she tell her that she was tired in a kind of a way that sleep could fix.

She needed to be loved, to be treated nicely. She wanted to know how does it feels like to be someone else's first priority. How does it feel all? But she had only nodded.

How could she even tell a girl like Zoe who was so beloved by all. Last night when Noah had found her. He took her to his car and opened her phone through her thumb and texted her father that she will he late. After that he stayed with her in the car until she had woken up and was able to go home in her full senses. How beautiful was that. That is a kind of love every girl might wish for.

"Then what's wrong? You are scaring me" Zoe's voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"I am okay. Its just i am feeling so weak. Lets go eat something."

Salam Everyone!
Long time no see💓
I really had no motivation to write which is why i was out of sight for almost 12 days.

Who can guess whats coming up in the story🍁

Also do vote and comment

Sending much love💖
~ سدرہ