8. I better walk you Zal

He pulled back, observing her face now under the moonless vast dark sky. Even tho he couldn't see but could sense that she was crying silently. He tried to wipe her tears but gasped at her body temperature.

"God, Zalay you are burning with fever" he surprisingly said, "how did you get the stamina to come here in this condition."

But she had no more power to speak or feel or stand up. As she felt her eyes shutting down in his arms.

He thought of calling Azeen but then stopped. He didn't want anyone to see his woman breaking like this. He wrapped his right arm strongly across her back helping her stand up. "Come on Zal get up. It's very cold over here."

She clutched onto his sweater and got up but still she was weak so he didn't let go of her. He walked her to inside, sensing that everyone was asleep as it was the past midnight. Then he helped her get to the kitchen.

"Why kitchen?" She said weakly, irritated. "i want to go to my room"

He looked at her and noticed her tears streaked face but what caught his heedfulness was her swollen eyes. He felt the worst of all time but never showing it to her. He pulled out the chair and made her sit on that. He didn't answer her instead went to make something for her.

He was busy making something but she was still stuck to her dream that would chase her all time. She was 3 when that happened but still that dream would feel so real as if thats happening around her. She can feel it but can't touch it. And once again sadness grew inside her.

"Have it", he said making her jump out of her thoughts. She looked at the glass in front of her. "Hot chocolate", he said. She couldn't drink any but half glass and then he gave her medicines. "Why won't you eat dinner tonight hm?" He wanted to know, "Just have a look at you. How weak you look." He knew she was hiding something as she looked down at the table and said nothing.

"I want to sleep" she said ignoring him completely because she was irritated by the thought of with him this late at night and he sighed. He didn't protest or insisted on her to drink the remaining half as she was already half asleep on chair due to the weakness caused by fever.

"Fine. I'd walk you to your room"

"I can walk myself"

"Stop insisting on something i am not letting you do. Come with me now" He said a little strictly.

But before he could approach her, she herself stood just to show him that she was feeling much better now and that she could go to her room on her own.

"Ok fine but let me join the walk with you till the staircase" he said  from behind and she nodded as she walked slowly ahead. In the middle of stairs he asked her, "Zalay you know what i am your cousin so just if there is anything that's bothering you, you can just tell me unhesitatingly. I'd do my best to help you."

As if your mother would let you, she thought, scoffing to herself.

"Thank you but its nothin, i just had a bad dream" she innocently replied.

"Was it that bad?"

She shrugged from the top stair as he stood near the middle one and smiled at him. He just melted on that beautiful smile of hers. "That is why they are called so."

She turned and went to her room as he heard the door being shut lightly, he descended down. Glancing at the glass which she had finished half, he smiled and placed it in the fridge.

                                ◼️

Next day she was quite but no one was noticing it much except that one young lad whose eyes were on her every move and she was unaware of it. He wasn't simply just glancing her on breakfast but it was his heart telling him that everything was quite better.

"Mamo i have to leave today" she said not looking at anyone but her her Mamo as she she knew her Mami must be staring at her.

"Beta you have been here for 3 days only", Her Mamo said. "Spend some more time here. And look at you Dear you look pale"

This time Zumeer's eyes shoot up to her observing her fully and she was full aware of it now as she also threw a quick look at him before again turning to Mamo, "actually Mamo i have to complete my assignments on time for which i should be at home."

"Hm acha" her Mamo thoughtfully said, "Son?"

"Yes Abbu" Zumeer replied casually even tho he was dying to take her so that he could just spend some time with her.

"Take her today to her home" Ahmed kind of ordered him and his son nodded.

"Ahmed Sahib Zumeer is staying so busy in business how will he manage that. I mean Zalay, my sweet daughter you can take cab."

She looked at her Mami for a while but said nothing.

Instead Zumeer spoke, "Mama i'd take her, cabs are not safe anyways. I'd finish my work by evening then i'd take her home." He solved the issue letting no point to be discussed now.

"That sounds ok" Ahmed spoke.

He sure wants to see his Yashfa that is why he is insisting onto take me, she thought and low-key glanced him before looking away.

                                ◼️

Amina called Samina that noon and waited until she picked up the phone and the conversation started like this between two,

"Hello Salam Baji" Amina spoke.

"Wasalam Samina. How are you?" she asked.

"Alhamdu'lillah, you know really how i am? Zalay is here. She'd leave to come to you guys by evening"

"Okay——who is bringing her up here?" Samina asked.

"Zumeer, of course my little poor son."

"Don't send that young girl with your young handsome lad. You know Zalay is very good at using her beauty just like her mother."

"Baji i tried to stop him by saying to get her to your home in a cab but Zumeer declined it saying it wasn't safe for her and also Ahmed Sahb never listens to me when is comes to her niece Zalay" Amina sighed through the phone.

"Hmm..." Samina hummed thoughtfully, "does Zumeer really show his care for her?"

"Yes... but Baji don't worry i would make your daughter Yashfa my daughter in law." Amina assured her.

"Yes, you better remember your words" Samina spatted on her younger sister. She wanted her daughter to get married to that successful businessman.

"I remember my words Baji. Don't take any stress. My son would marry your beautiful daughter at any cost. After all Yashfa suits him perfectly, why would he want a disable girl like Zalay" she spoke snobbishly.

"Of course" Samina felt happy on the admiration of her pretty daughter, "Anyways if your son won't get married to my daughter, i would never take your Azeen for my handsome Omer....Remember that one thing"

And without saying goodbye Samina hung up the phone making Amina sigh.
Amina determined no matter what she would get Yashfa married to her Son.

She got up to and went to kitchen to get herself a glass of water and saw Zalay from the backdoor walking slowly in the backyard humming something to herself. She looked happy and frowns made on Amina's temple, "Because of her i am restless here and there she is singing to herself" she said shaking her head in displeasure.

______________________________
Sup Buddies,

*hugs*

I wrote the last few lines sitting in my academy as my Van Uncle got a little late💁🏻‍♀️

Anyways hope you like the chapter
Allah Hafiz💙
(1300+ words)