10. Drama Series

Finally they heard some shuffles followed by a tick sound
and the door swung open revealing Aahil's figure.

"Hey what a surprise!" Aahil said to Zumeer, "its been a long long time" they both gave each other a brotherly hug. "Zalay how are you? And why are you standing outside its cold, come inside" he ushered her in.

"You guys were not opening the door" she remarked but with a smile, not with a taunt or something else.

"Yah sorry for it by the way. You know it right, we got sibling issues over here" he told her more like whispered making her chuckle. "When did you come?" She asked as they took off their boots in order to walk on the carpeted wooden floor. "Uh yesterday" he replied.

"So how's business?" Zumeer asked.

"Its great. In America streets are pretty paved with gold" he told them, "and Zumeer i am so inspired by the way you work like sometimes I have to follow your track Man!"

Zumeer said grinning, "are you ghosting on me?"

They took their seats in living room which was finely heated with the heater. "No i am not ghosting on you but I actually read some of your articles and trust me they were amazing" Aahil appreciated his efforts with the core of his hearts. One could see it.

"Thank you so much" he warmly smiled at Aahil. "We'd surely exchange some ideas which would definitely benefit both Canada and America" He chuckled boyishly.

"Sure, sounds pretty ravishing" Aahil said, "you both sit here let me call Mom" he smiled at them and got up. Zalay too took her bag with her to her room.

Like Zumeer, Aahil too had just stepped in outside world. And both were working hard in their countries. Aahil chosen America to start his business and he didn't regret as soon with his constant effort he began to make his name at a young age. Here Zumeer too had immolated his sleep just to be someone like his Father. Aahil, too, was succeeding in the race of life but still he wanted to share some ideas with Zumeer and hear some from him too because he had taken feedback about Zumeer from some other businessmen in Canada which was pretty satisfactory. Aahil also wanted to share some projects with him in which they both could work as partners which would definitely be inspiring.

Zumeer sat their glancing the place around thinking for it had gotten quite late and he is supposed to leave but right in his thoughts as he swum, he was brought back to the world by the sound of his Khala (mother's sister).

"Aray Meri Jaan!" Samina spoke astounded, "MaaSha'Allah! You have grown up" She came closer and he out of respect stood up only to get a tight hug by his Khala. He was almost out of oxygen——suffocated, the way Samina hugged him. After she patted him on the back, they pulled away. Both took their seats opposite to Aahil as they talked about general stuff. Meanwhile Zalay came downstairs paying her initial greets to her Tayi Ammi.

"I'd just make tea for you all", Zalay said to them and was leaving for kitchen. "Yes baita please go, Zumeer must be tired" Samina replied.

"But Zalay too just came", Zumeer said after Zalay had left.

Samina smiled awkwardly, "Relax Zumeer! Girls are used to of overworking"

What about you daughter's over resting, Zumeer mentally remarked but retained himself from wording out his thoughts as he didn't want to underestimate desi aunties.

Zalay was back holding a tray as she served, he took a cup from her feeling quite odd as she too was tired but still she made them tea but he quickly jerked the thought off of his mind as she sat next to him keeping a large distance between them on which his eyebrows furrowed.