14. Noor e Mehtaab

She looked down not daring to look above as she knew for whoever that brainless brat was, he/she was here now——in cafeteria.

'Won't look up to see me'

Her phone showed another text with a beep. Suddenly she started to dislike that beep noise and so turned her phone to silent mode also dismissing the text from notification panel.
Slowly fear started to fill her. In the cold weather, her palms started to perspire because she was sensing danger in air.

"You are sitting here and I thought you might be in library" a familiar voice spoke as she fearfully glanced above. Will sat in front of her on bench and her eyes widened. "What happened? Why you're pale?"

"Nothing" she said but again her attention diverted to black screen of her phone, "why you are here anyways?" She asked him, even tho she sounded a little rude but she couldn't think of her behaviour right now——all she thought of was Omer's false accusations on her.

Will was a little astonished but recovering soon he answered, "you didn't come to attend the class that is why..."

"William that is not your problem to worry about" she answered looking away.

He nodded shrugging his shoulders, his lips curling down in a sad expression, "indeed Zee"

"Zee?" She suddenly looked at him harshly.

"Your friends call you with that name. Don't they?" Confused, he asked.

"Yah, they do call me but that is because they are my best friends" she acted a little soft but suddenly she became cold as snow, "who are you to call me with a nickname?"

He was taken aback for what she had just said.
May be after working for a whole week together wasn't really enough for her to acknowledge me as a friend, he thought.

"Uh...did we just disturb?" Zoe's voice startled William and he quickly shook his head giving her the place whilst getting up. After Zoe, stood Noah giving William an unreadable expression.

William's eyes explained hurt a while back but when his eyes caught Zoe and Noah, a strange things rose in his eyes as he turned and left.

"So..." Zoe spoke as she put the burger down on tray after unwrapping it. Zalay sensed Zoe's mischievous eyes and she glared him as Noah silently sat not saying anything. She thought she would be asked about him but to her surprise Noah asked nothing instead he changed the topic saying, "Zoe, i prepared a song. You once told me you listen to it sometimes in your free time"

Zoe thoughtfully looked in air narrowing her eyes. Zalay laughed suddenly remembering the last time Zoe spoke of her favourite song in gloomy and free time, "Noah sing it" and Noah nodded.

For the next moments she admired Noah's singing 'for I can't help falling in love with you' as the cafeteria too went silent, listening to his soothing voice. Zoe hummed along as she smiled at Noah and he smiled back that was where doubt grew in Zalay's heart but these doubts came for good. Seeing Zoe and Noah sing along as his fingers stroked against strings of gittar. Zalay smiled at them as the song ended, "woah Zoe you can sing very well" her smile widened "your voice harmonises perfectly with him"

Zoe looked away nodding as she tried conceal her blush. Kids within cafeteria now busy in their talks as the song had ended. Zalay herself had forgotten about his chat with Omer and the absurd texts as her mind now occupied with the new adorable thought.