38. Your heart talks

You ever just sit and focus how the clock ticks second by second. This sound is so appealing to someone when they are alone. But for some, it's appalling as they fight being lonely. On the other hand some find it super hard to even notice how is time fleeing. They often wail 'where did the time go?' Answer to them is simple.

First, they don't value time.

Second, they don't have time to measure time. They just stick to their goal and work.

Same happened with Zalay. She was too busy with study that she couldn't get a slightest moment to meditate about the change in her life that was gonna occur. It all passed within a blink. She graduated. She completed her study from University. She took her final exams.

She was free now. She was sleeping in her bed peacefully after fajar prayer. She woke up when clock struck nearly 12pm. Oh My!, she whispered to herself. It was already midday.

Where in her teen she planned to do job and be independent after her degree, here she was getting married!

But Zumeer said he would help her do everything, her mind fought back. That seemed a horrible nightmare for her.

But again she cooed to her heart with the notion that HE was the ONE WHO PLANNED that for her. Indeed HE WAS THE BEST PLANNER. Indeed HE was the ONE WHO WROTE FATES.

But fate could be changed with DUA, her mind showed up with some old statement once she had read somewhere.

"I prayed and left it on ALLAH"  she one last time told her heart hushing her mind. Her mind was scaring her heart in every possible way.

She got out of her bed and disappeared in washroom. After she was back. She rolled her disheveled and untidy hair into a rough bun and pinned them away. She rolled her small hijab around her and threw her dupatta over her shoulders. After that she went downstairs.

Her stomach was grumbling. On reaching lobby she found several people dragging large packed boxes into their main hall. Her Tayya Abu, Mr. Noman, was guiding them.

She walked past them and entered kitchen where she found her tayyi ammi already working. Zalay said her Salam and sat on the stool. Samina was busy in whatever she was doing.

"Where is everyone?"

"Idk i had been stuck in kitchen since tomorrow"

After that she started to help her Tayyi Ammi cut vegetables for lunch. They both were cooking when Samina asked, "So you will get married in few days". On which Zalay only nodded. What else she could say? "Zumeer is a good man. He'd keep you happy"

Zalay slowly smiled whilst cutting tomatoes on cutting board. She was getting nervous and she had to now get used to of his name. She would listen to it quite often.