9. Open the damn door, its cold!

"I am home", Zumeer said as he stomped in the living room and saw his father sitting there watching tv and Zalay looking at it with a dah face. One could say that she was hella bored.

Both looked at him. "Son its 7", Ahmed said looking at clock on the front wall. "Yes Abbu I know i am late", Zumeer said "i came up to meet some people"

"Okay", Ahmed nodded. He could see how fast his son was growing up and skilfully handling the business. He couldn't be any prouder. "Zalay! Go make him some Chai then you both would leave."

She nodded and got up.

"No Abbu i am fine. I think we should leave because we are already late" he said making his father nod. "As you find comfortable son" Ahmed said. "Zalay?" Zumeer said making her glance him, "Go meet everyone. We'll be leaving in five minutes"

After lading the bag in backseat. They both sat in car and after driving for half an hour he spoke, "Gosh i am hungry" he massaged his stomach with his one hand whilst hold the steering wheel with the other.

She looked at him observing his messy hairs with the wind ruffling as the car window was open on his side. His eyes glued to road, driving carefully. She saw eye bags around his eyes and suddenly felt bad for him not showing it to him anyways instead she asked "why you denied having tea?"

"Cause i had to take you", he sang the last word which made him look boyish and Zalay giggled over his cousin as he continued, "and if i had taken the tea, we had have gotten late and dear cousin its always dangerous to travel late night especially to a place like your home. Those barren streets."

"Right", she said understanding he was right to some extent. "But I have a chocolate, it might help", she said looking back at her bag in the backseat "over there".

"Yah it definitely would help"

She handed that to him after getting it out of bag. He unwrapped the wrapper and offered her first. She shook his head, "no i am okay. You eat", she said.

He shrugged his shoulders,"as you wish"

They drove for like another 15 minutes and then suddenly she asked breaking the silence as she leaned her head back, "how's she?"

"How's who?"

She rolled her eyes, "of course the woman you love"

"Oh acha", he chuckled. "sheeee" he elongated the word nodding, "She is great——in fact perfect" he grinned more thinking of how crazy his cousin is.

"You didn't meet her to me", Zalay pouted looking at him. "I wanted to warn her so that she stay careful towards you"

"I'd meet you to her when the time is right" Zumeer looked at her for a while but again turned his head towards the road, "btw what would you say to her when you'd meet her" curiosity rose in Zumeer.

"Ummmm nothing much", she looked at road thoughtfully "its just i'd tell her that larki my cousin is a nice guy and very understandable. He would do small things to make you happy and that he would not give you any time because he 24/7 is immersed in his business so you have to put up with this——thats all." She looked at him and grinned, "i hope she doesn't leave you after that last sentence 'cause you know what brown wives need hell of their husband's time.

Yashfa would kill you if you preferred business over her, Zalay thought.

"Don't worry" he assured and tightened his grip over steering, "she can't leave me"

"Why can't she?" Zalay lifted her eyebrows, "are you gonna force your decision over her"

He nodded, "Its not like i'd force myself over her i mean I'd respect her decision but still at any rate she has to marry me"