47. Their favourite dinner

For one whole week, she stayed reserved and occupied. Most of the times she was lost in her notions. About her old life. Thinking about all the things she could have done if she hadn't married. She was sometimes so done. Only for the bond she had made with the kids in school, she kept on going there. Looking at the picture on the side table, she wondered what her life could've been if her parents were alive. But gulping tears back, she sat up in bed. Today Zumeer didn't go to study after fajar Instead he slept.

She looked at him who was sleeping peacefully. His eyelashes kissing his cheekbones. She looked away leaning on headboard, her eyes tiredly closing. She sniffled. Getting up, she felt dizzy from lack of sleep. Last night she couldn't sleep again. The more Zumeer was taking care of her, the more she was going vulnerable and weak. She knew one thing she couldn't hide herself anymore from him. He had come so close that he could ask her 'whats wrong?' by mere looking in her eyes. She just couldn't gulp her tears anymore in front of him.

Even if he slept beside her, she still felt alone and sick. She walked to the bathroom, after taking a shower she was off to kitchen. Even after 7 months of their marriage she just couldn't love him.

Only people that gave her positive vibes were her teen kids or Azeen. After she made her family a breakfast she went up to wake Zumeer because rest of the members were awake by now. She pushed the door open and took a seat beside him. Setting her dupatta she shook his shoulder, calling his slowly. "Wake up. Breakfast is almost ready." She played with the hem of her shirt to stop her hands from brushing away his thick hair locks that fell on his forehead as he turned to her. Opening his eyes sleepily he nodded and she left from there.

Going back she started to set table for everyone. Setting everything on its place she called everyone so breakfast could be eaten. She ran to her room and in midway Zumeer stopped her on which she said she wanted to get her bag so she could go to school straight after breakfast.

When she was back from work in noon. She got fresh, Azeen was back soon too and after a while three of the ladies had their lunch as men was still out working. After that they started to plan out what to do for Zumeer's 27th birthing that was tomorrow. They wanted to celebrate it today. Girls made Amina call Ahmed and make Zumeer stay at work until evening. So they could prepare him a surprise.

She and Azeen went to nearby market to get things for making cake. Azeen got him a light coral shirt and Bleu de Chanel perfume. But Zalay didn't know what to buy him. She kept rambling in the shopping mall in which they had just entered. "What should i get him? What your brother likes?"

"He likes so much. But right now you should get him a nice watch? A nice phone? A nice surprise may be. Wait i get it. You should get a fairy light string and hang small polaroids of you and Zumeer."

"Why me? I mean we should get his pictures hung. I like this idea by the way where will we hang it? In living room?"

"Goodness!" Azeen patted her head, "not there. In your room. Surprise him with it. Have some time with him, you too are very distant I guess."

Zalay nodded. "We need to be fast." She got him an apple watch series 5 since she knew his obsession with watches but he never had a digital one. So she thought he might like wear one on his casual days or on outings. Because he already the other expensive watches for his business tours and meetings.

That watch costed Zalay more than she had in her savings from school but she also had the money that Zumeer used to give her every month. So buying it now wasn't an issue. Azeen drove back the car to their home.

Azeen went on in decoration whereas Zalay and Amina got into kitchen. Zalay was confident about her cake. So she started off with the things. With few minutes she had made up the mixture, putting it all in baking pan. She shoved it into oven. Amina on the other hand was making him karrhai and pakorray that was his favourite food. Zalay started spooning the mixture of pakorras and put them one by one in oil.