32. Silhouettes in the moonlight

They went on the backside of hotel. She got a perfect excuse to hold his arm as her heels dug deep into the snow. He, however, let her hold him because he didn't want this girl to fall right in his feet. They stopped under a tent or to be more precise a shelter it looked for them as the snow fell. She shivered as the cold wind blew from the trees. Sight was spooky in front of them as the dim moonlight dispersed into the foggy night. Now as their back faced the backside of hotel she asked, "Can i borrow your coat? I am freezing" Her teeth were almost rattling.

"Yes so that i end up dying here coz of cold" he bit back stuffing his hands into his pockets. Yashfa grunted over how insensible he was. "Would you spit or you are waiting here for me to freeze?"

"Uh——yah" Yashfa tucked her hair behind her ears so that they don't fall in her eyes. "Its about her. And i am worried so much for you"

Zumeer just kept quiet, looking straight in the air across the pine trees, letting her to speak even though his eyebrows drew together. "I feel like you have forced yourself on her. She is not happy with anything"

She continued, "The way you look at her she never looks at you. Never for once she has made any efforts for you then why do you just strive so much for her" Yashfa's tone carried seriousness. "Why you don't see me before her? Why is that so? We make a perfect match, Zumeer. Look at me" She jerked his arm a little to make him look at her because his silence was killing her.

"Are you done with your rebelling. Can i go now?" He harshly said, once again removing her hand from his arm. She wasn't expecting such a harsh reply as she flinched on his a little raised voice. Yashfa was never used to of this behaviour.

He looked at her when she winced away at his rude reply. He was ashamed to see tears in her eyes. He knew it wasn't right to make her cry so he turned on his heels to leave. But she grabbed his hand, "You know what you have gone blind" she sniffled, "At least give me a solid reason on why i should let you go"

"Yes! You should leave me because i am engaged" He turned.

She shot a glare at him, "Engaged to the person who doesn't even love you"
"Isn't like that"

"Tell me how its not. We live in the same house. You don't know her more than i do. I see what she does whilst you just listen about it"

"And what you see her doing?"
"I see her caring about others but you. Why don't you just get it"

Zumeer gestured her to keep going, "The way she attends her bakery and comes back every evening, the way she work there and never takes an off. I just came to now why it was all. She has a secret friend there, working with her. He would walk her home. They share a very good bond. I think she liked him and since the day you have come in between, she is quite disturbed. She has stopped going to the bakery. I think they had a fight because of this engagement and everything" Yashfa stopped and looked at him worriedly, "The worst thing is that she didn't even care about the religion"

"You think?" His eyebrows grew together, "she would like a Non-Muslim"

"Of course she does" Yashfa mentally smirked when a huge point made its way through her brain, "She has even attended parties with him. What else you want more? Doesn't this make it obvious?"

Yashfa wanted to grow doubt in his heart and so far she was doing excellent, "I just wanted to say it because i care about you" she slowly brushed his hair back that was falling on his temple due to soft air.

"Why running after someone who doesn't even care about your feelings and ignore the one who always cares for you"

"Yash, I don't get what you are saying. But thank you for your time" He mini smiled at her, "i know but you are really ghosting on her which is wrong. She is just my fiancé, can't cage her"