Reunited

Chanyeol was finally on home soil, well out of the airplane at least and currently waiting for his luggage. His muscles groaned  in protest, remembering how he hated flying long haul, almost 15 hours on a plane even in business class was never his favourite thing to do. Not helped by  his overthinking, which had followed him round like a black cloud.

The last 5 years had been horrible, he believed he was forced into  leaving his home town, and forced into his sham of a marriage, believing it was a consequence of his parents  discovering his sexual orientation. The truth was far more sinister and still caused him to shiver.

He had no idea that 5 years ago, his long time friend Maria would set out on a warpath that had eventually destroyed his blossoming relationship with the man he loved. Maria had confessed  eventually to having followed him to the university Sehun and Baekhyun had attended.  Chanyeol's heart clenched in pain,
He had known Maria since childhood they had been part of the same group, he couldn't deny that she wasn't beautiful because she was, tall, with classic beauty features, she was stunning. He had however only ever seen Maria as a friend, it broke his heart when he turned down her romantic interest. It should of been his first clue when at the time she just laughed off his rejection.

He had no idea she had then bugged his phone to allow audio recording, which she then used to blackmail his parents. He had only found out when he stumbled across the original file she saved, Maria had gone full on Harpy then, and it had taken him 3 years to get a divorce.

His luggage now in hand?  he now made his way to the arrivals hall, surprised to see his younger brother waiting for him. Sehun once aware of the blackmail had not taken it well. One because his parents belief in Maria's inflated lies, the second he was mad at Chanyeol for just accepting what turned out to be Maria's demands. When it dawned on both Sehun and his parents what was going on they were horrified. His parents took immediate action, and they were all on the first plane to New York.  A tearful reunion was had by all, his parents confirming they didn't care about his orientation. Their hearts further breaking when the lies Maria had not only caused harm to their son, but had caused them all in one way or another, to break Baekhyun's heat as well.

"So how was the flight" asked his not so baby brother "awful I need a hot shower and a nap" catching the amused glint his brother eyes, he figured Sehun would be up to something "I'm sure you do, and you can have one when we get home, Mum is insisting you go straight to theirs, as your apartment here isn't finished" being too tired to argue he sighed  "fine let's go"

Sehun eyed his older brother "You could be a little bit more excited to be home" this sentence causing Chanyeol to stop mid stride and face his brother, "I am, i guess I still can't believe I am home" "I know you are, I also know you Chan, I know you want to go straight to Baek and reveal what happened, but barging straight over to him might just push him over the edge"

"Don't look at me like that Chan, I should be furious about you both sneaking around, back then."  Chanyeol takes a good look at his brother, he was as tall as he was, athletic, they had the same obsidian eyes, his 10 years younger brother was currently sporting a pout. Even at 25, Sehun was still able to pout like a pro, said pout normally landed Sehun  what ever  he wanted. Chanyeol smiled "hunnie, your just mad we kept our relationship from you, what do you mean by pushing Baek over the edge."

"You told me he was coping ok" "You know Baek always a smile on his face, and running a 100miles an hour, I know he is fine now, but when his father died I think he realised it's ok not have it together all the time."
Finally at Sehun's car,  a flashy red top of the range imported BMW. Not that Chanyeol expected anything less, the brothers continued to talk, "none of us have told Baek your home, he does however know about your divorce, hence why I suggesting you don't barge over to him." "There is a dinner in 3 weeks that Mother is hosting, Baek is on the guest list."
"And your suggesting I ambush him at dinner, that baby brother, will go down like a cup of cold vomit"
Sehun winces and admits defeat "it did sound almost Cinderella and romantic in my head"
"No wonder you work in advertising"

Sehun didn't want to answer back, their relationship had been strained these last 5 years, and was finally back to his preferred dynamic, Chanyeol although 10 years older had always been there for him. Not that he would ever admit it to his face again. The only time he he did was when he held his broken-hearted best friend as he cried.  Sehun has jumped on a plane and all but begged his brother to come home. He knew Baek was more than just grieving his father, he hated that he was so self absorbed at 21! That  he hadn't noticed what was going on between his brother and best friend.

The public dinner might not be his best thought through plan, but his dinner party will be "why don't you come to dinner on Tuesday at my apartment"  He would ensure Baek would be present. Chuckling internally as the small bean, never could resist food.

Chanyeol stopped staring out window, he knew his brother was up to something but nodded. He wasn't sure how to process Baek knowing about the divorce, but figured he would have to wait to digest this as they were arriving at his childhood home, his father waiting on the step.

At 35  years old, Chanyeol could count on les than 2 hands the amount, of times he had cried,  most had been in the last 5 years.  His father standing in his ever present pressed Armani suit with tears streaming down his face, was enough to bring Chanyeol to his knees, it did Chanyeol dropped to his knees at the bottom of the stairs and let out his pent up emotions, and sobbed.

When 2 sets of arms encased him, he could finally breathe. He was home

I have no idea if you can hack phones for audio recording but it works for this.