History

Baekhyun tried to calm his erratically beating heart and breathing, this had to be a sick joke, closing his eyes he takes a breath to stabilise his heart. Opening them again, refusing to acknowledge the reason for his behaviour, he sees that he has Jongdae's blue shirt in a vice. Letting it go, he turns to see Sehun, who stands with a bowed head! Of course, Sehun's visits to New York. It's all starting to make sense, Sehun wasn't just there for work, he went for the man standing at the sideboard, Park Chanyeol! Chanyeol who even after everything he did, can still take his breath away, and cause his heart to spike in lust and need. Baekhyun notices the subtle change in Chanyeol, the last time he saw him, he was angry, and every bit the asshole, but then so was he. This Chanyeol is still the man he remembers, but there is something else as well, Baekyhyun can sense, there is something under the surface. Baekhyun shakes his head, he doesn't want to get involved in trying to crack Chanyeol's walls and armoured heart. He failed 5 years ago when he tried to show him what their love could of been. He won't allow himself to go through that again.

Unable to process anything relating to Chanyeol in this moment, he turns to face his friends. Sehun looks like he wants to cry, Luhan he is still trying to work out, Jongdae looks pissed, and that is not something anyone should deal with. He shudders at memories of Jongdae's high pitched whinnying bouncing off the Gallery walls. Realisation slams like a bullet in to him, making it clear why Sehun is crying, and Jongdae looks ready to commit murder.  Sighing Baekhyun turns to his best friends "You know, don't you?" The effect is immediate, Sehun lunges  for him, as does Jongdae, both encasing him in a tight bear hug. He has a just enough time to glimpse Luhan stop Chanyeol launching forward, before he is bundled into the sleek marble kitchen.

"We found out at your fathers Funeral, Baek you were so catatonic with grief, at first I thought you were talking gibberish calling out for my giant, and then you mentioned my brother." Baekhyun sighs, he has no memory of this, but is not surprised he cracked. His father's death hit him hard.  He looks at his friend who continues "once I understood what had been happening, I went to New York. Please I had no idea that there had been no other contact. Yes Chanyeol was an asshole back then, please hear him out." He turns to face Sehun, not sure what his best friend is trying to accomplish.   "You mean, you planned for this to happen" He knew in his heart that this was not going to be a good idea. "Please stop Sehun, this is not fair, Chanyeol left me. Left me Sehun! after I begged to be a bigger part of his life, we argued, and then he left it was the last time I saw him." Beakhyun was starting to shake again, this was not what he wanted to be doing tonight, he just wanted dinner with friends.

Jongdae suddenly stands in front of him, a look Beakhyun has never seen before. Jongdae reaches out towards him, and places his hands on his shoulders. "Baekhyun, no one wants to upset you, and I believe least of all Chanyeol. Please let's have dinner together." Baekhyun exhales, he so wants to get answers from the giant ass, but acknowledges not tonight. Neither he nor Chanyeol should discuss anything at this moment. What's the point, he knows all it will do, is the same it did 5 years ago he will beg and cry, Chanyeol will scream, and doors will slam. 
He watches Sehun, his best friend who is normally so confident and cool, look like a kicked puppy. Baekhyun realises he is not being a good friend at the moment, sighing he remembers how Sehun had over the years, complained to him, how fractured his own relationship was getting with his brother. Baekhyun vows to at least be civil for dinner. He can do this! After all he has plenty of experience of being just a friend  too Chanyeol in public. He can be civil and polite tonight, and tomorrow he can continue on believing that all he was, was a mistake. He can guess what Sehun was trying to do, especially if he he believed that he and chanyeol were separated by an arranged marriage, sadly it was not the case for them. He can't help but smile at his best friend being so happy and in love, and how he can't help but sprinkle it around like a fairy godmother. He will ignore his own heartache for now, and concentrate on being a good friend, aware that tonight is big deal for Sehun to have Chanyeol home. "Come on no more talk about the past tonight, let's just have good food, provided of course you haven't made noodles, or been let near an open flame." He laughs along with Jongdae, when Sehun's legendary pout reappears across his face. Watching as he turns to the counter and picks up a multiple of fresh ingredients. "Baek I went out of my way to make your favourite and this is the thanks I get" "ohh hot pot you do spoil us" taking the plate of seafood from Sehun he makes to head out when Jongdae stops him, a caring but determined look on his face "Seriously if it gets too much tonight, we can leave just say the word." Nodding in understanding, Baekhyun smiles and heads out to the dining area.