Waking up

Beakhyun can feel the terror rising within him, the once sparkling Victorian inspired décor, has abruptly been replaced by darkness and silence. He notices he is surrounded by floor to ceiling mirrors, yet there is no reflection, starting to panic he desperately searches for a way out of this mirrored prison, hating that the mirrors creep closer  inch closer each time he breathes caging him in! He goes to scream for help but no sound escapes his quivering lips. The silence that greets him is starting to make anxiety creep up his chest. Unexpectedly that dreadful voice from dinner materialises, "you certainly know how to make an entrance" repeating the words from dinner. The rapidly shrinking room is matching his rhythm of breathing, only making him cry harder. Suddenly the voice from dinner starts being projected by a second presence in the room. Beakhyun can only cower in fear, a bizarre cold presence bearing no recognisable face that shrouded in grey smoke starts to surround him screaming ineligible words.

The tone of the voice and the shrinking room scare him no end, Beakhyun, doesn't understand what is going on. He just wants it all to be over as he falls to his knees, clutching desperately at his platinum locks. when a sudden calmness appears at the same time he feels a phantom caress to his cheek! The caress is followed by a very familiar voice calling "Angel, baby puppy!" He would know that soft tone and loving comforting voice, it drowns out that awful voice that just kept ringing in his ears. He slows his breathing as the endearments keep on repeating, noticing that the mirrors have disappeared! Baekhyun immediately feels calmer, strangely he can feel cool silky sheets at his back and is cover by what feels like a thick fluffy duvet, is he dreaming? "Baekhyun it's ok we're here," that's a different voice entirely, its his best friend! The caress on his cheek tingles, yet feels moist at the same time his tears earlier must be real, the horror he felt is now gone, he slowly opens his arm still afraid of that terrible voice,  what he sees makes him smile it's a familiar mop of ebony hair!

Awake fully, he sees the man he loves, Chanyeol's beautiful obsidian eyes that were crinkled in worry, now shining with relief. Baekhyun turns his head and with his still blurred vison can see the outlines of Sehun and Luhan. Unable to calm down he launches himself in too Chanyeol's safe embrace, aware but not caring that he is shaking and sobbing. Thankful that strong arms encase him in a safe embrace, he notices one of Chanyeol's massive hands gently cradling his head pushing him closer to his heart, the other arm anchors him on his lap. Baekhyun realises what happened it was a dream, no a nightmare! One that had contorted from happily reliving his reconciliation with Chanyeol, to that hollow menacing voice coupled with terror as the room shrank with every breath he took.  That angry hallow voice has done nothing but plague his sub conscious , who could it be?

Chanyeol holds Baekhyun closer to him, his own heart beating fast at watching the obvious distress his petite angel had suffered. He shares a look with Sehun, this clearly hasn't been the first nightmare. His brother and partner have been hiding a few things by the looks they have, and how they are both not so subtly edging out of his bedroom. This episode and the violent shaking he is yet again watching is a concern, Chanyeol is so glad he and his father are conducting their own investigation, nothing will harm the man he loves. He shares a a nod with his brother making his features pool in to a look Sehun will understand, this is something they will discuss away from Baekhyun. Right now the pale shaking fragile man in his arms is his top priority, the whimpers and sniffles have finally stopped. "Sweetheart, my angel what happened?"

Chanyeol waits patiently for Baekhyun to reply, a sniff is followed by the small body in his arms leaning back, Chanyeol doesn't miss the wince on his partners beautiful face. If he were a gorilla he would bang his chest in pride, knowing that he did that, with a smug smile he hands over a glass of juice and some pain relief. Loving the adorable blush that now adorns his cherub like cheeks, Beakhyun truly is a beauty, one that is too ethereal for this world. It's a moment later, when that melodic voice says something that causes dread in the pit of his stomach "I heard a voice at dinner, one that is oddly familiar, the statement of you certainly know how to make an entrance was strange and filled with such hostility. When I turned to address it no one was there, it was the same voice in my nightmare." "Was it a male voice." He watches as his puppy nods and adds, "flawless Korean, mature."

Chanyeol leans forward as he notices the anxiety lingering on Baekhyun's features, his heart breaks when blue eyes look up to his, "Do you think the attack on the gallery and the voice are linked?" How he hopes this isn't the case, his heart wants to say no not only to clue Baekhyun in to this being what he fears the most,  but out of protection his puppy is so delicate. Yet his heart is conflicted that if he lies  he will loose what he has only just regained, knowing what he has to say but making a silent promise to tell Baekhyun in the morning about his investigation. Chanyeol pulls his love closer, once again cocooning him in a safe embrace, "I don't think we can ignore them being linked, sweetheart let's not concentrate on that at the moment" "Chanyeol my gallery has been ambushed, clearly I'm being followed and you want me to not concentrate on it!"

Chanyeol can't help but smile, Baekhyun truly is a puppy,  looking too adorable as he almost growls just like a puppy not getting his way would. " I just mean it's a conversation we should have with my dad, at an hour where the sun is shining, sweetheart it's only 4am." Chanyeol places his finger on those still swollen rose red lips stopping any form of apology or protest. Taking a tiny hand in his, "I know you won't sleep, I also saw that wince you did earlier baby, you must be uncomfortable" Chanyeol watches as  a second blush appears on Baekhyun's cheeks, seconds before he hides his face in his neck a muffled it's been awhile, and your huge is heard. "Come on puppy let's have a bath, it will help your muscles and help you relax." He smiles as he sweeps up a tiny Baekhyun bridal style, and carries him to the bathroom. His face and heart bursting wide with smugness, when he hears a further muffled Baekhyun who has yet to lift his head away from his neck, exclaim it's about bloody time, and my back is killing me.

Pops confetti, finally an update I hope everyone likes this, I finally got over the writers block and busy month that is December. Now I know people will question why Chanyeol hasn't told Baekhyun a pity his private investigation be patient it will happen

I want to thank every one for reading this, It was always you now nearly 3.5k reads, I'm stunned speechless thank you. So much. Stay tuned next update won't be months apart ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️