Surprising Chanyeol

Baekhyun stood staring at the painting in front of him, it truly was a work of art. Not everyone would appreciate the dark and erotic tones the painting had, it almost borders on indecency. He had always appreciated this artist's lifeform paintings, yes they were always erotic, the sensual nature of this artist's paintings with out fail caught everyone's eyes at the gallery. This one painting, is a little too evocative and would not be making its way into the gallery, sadly it's too indecent. He heads out of said artist's showroom, a little sad it's empty handed, highlighting just how off his game he is. Sighing he knows why he has been holed up in the gallery all weekend, all of his staff even Jongdae, have been giving him a wide birth for a change. It's been a long weekend of soul searching, he's conflicted by Chanyeol and what he said about the last 5 years. He is also perhaps a little bit embarrassed, he remembers how he threw himself at Chanyeol. How in a moment of weekness he scurried across the tatami table, tears flowing and emotional. Cringing he remembers the look on said mans face, when he abruptly cut their kiss short, and hightailed it out the restaurant seconds later. He had enough time to glimpse the hurt in Chanyeol's eyes as he ran away, he could kick himself. He can't believe he did what he did, both the kisses and running away. He can hardly believe that last week he wanted to forget all about Park Chanyeol, and now that is the last thing he wants! His heart is so conflicted he truly wants nothing more then to have Chanyeol in his life, but not like before, he will not be a secret again! Would it be so wrong to want a bit of romance, to go on dates that didn't involve bowling alleys and cinemas. He wants to have a boyfriend who wants nothing more then to spend the night, it would mean so much if he can  finally cook breakfast for someone. Maybe have someone to stand beside him when exhibitions, at the gallery have opening nights.

Breathing in much needed oxygen he knows where he has to go, who he has to see. It's true his heart has never let him forget the only man he has ever loved, this wouldn't hurt as much if he didn't. Wincing at what he did at dinner  as it was so undignified, Chanyeol looked heartbroken. a very small part of him is gleeful that Chanyeol will know how it sucks, when someone walks away! Shaking his head to rid him self of those thoughts, as that thinking process will not help either of them. He  has to know that Chanyeol is serious about trying again, it is all he truly wants. That being said Baekhyun could kick himself, he knows he isn't the only one that suffered, in the years they were apart.  His poor Yeollie, he can't believe what happened, that attack should never of happened.  It's his time to fight after all, they are both the victims of some trumped up harpy, who couldn't handle rejection. He will start with his own appology, first it's his time to surprise Chanyeol by turning up unannounced, ready to fight for what he wants!

Across town Chanyeol sat with his back to his desk, staring out the window in his office. He didn't anticipate what happened at dinner on Friday! He believed he had everything planned out so well, the romantic dinner, planned conversation. He was not expecting to get a taste of his own medicine. Baekhyun running out of the restaurant like his tail was on fire, was a surprise, he didn't chase after the love of his life, as he knew Baekhyun needed time to process the information! Maybe he should of waited until they were on more stable feet, before mentioning Maria and her crusade of hate. No to hell with this, he won't wallow in despair about dinner. If he wants to be the only man in Baekhyun's life, he needs to fight for him, show him that he is worthy of a second chance.

"Chanyeol" shaking his head, just great now he is hearing Baekhyun everywhere, aware of a pressing deadline for his plans, he turns back to his desk and is met by a vison! Baekhyun stands before him, scruffy platinum hair, dark wash jeans and a simple black jumper. God this man in front of him is beyond beautiful, "im sorry to just barge in to your office." He can see Baekhyun is nervous, his poor baby that is not what he wants. "Please don't be, let's sit over there it's more comfortable," Chanyeol directs Baek to the seating area. He is about to ask if Baekhun would like a drink, when Baekhyun starts to talk. "Did you mean what you said on Friday, that you want to do this right?" Chanyeol sucks in a breath, he hopes this means what he has desperately wished for so long. He looks at Beakhyun he can finally see something other than the blankness that was there at Sehun's. Not wanting to mess this up "every word, we are meant to be  together Baek," the smile on baek's face is truly beautiful. "I do want that Chanyeol, but. I will not be a secret, we do this right or not all."

Chanyeol can feel his head racing, he can not screw this up,  "I know you deserve so much baby, I want to give you the stars" "I just want you Chanyeol, that's all I ever wanted"  Chanyeol smiles, surprised as Baekhyun takes his hand giving it a tight squeeze. "I came here to apologise for Friday, I never expected all that information, I'm sorry I bailed out on you." "It's a lot to take in and I wanted no, needed you to know, I didn't want you to think I was keeping anything more from you." Chanyeol watches fascinated as Baekhyun eyes shine with understanding, it's not the love he hoped for but knows he has to earn that love again. First he has to pull out all the stops and give this beautiful man every date he deserves. A light bulb goes off in his brain, knowing that the private dinner, probably was a bit heavy. "I promise you that from now on I will do this the right way."

He picks up the hand that is squeezing his, still as delicate and soft as he remembers. He places a gentle kiss on the back of Baekhyun's hand, "will you let me take you on a proper date one that doesn't involve bowling. He lets out the breath he didn't know he was holding, as he notices Baekhyun nod his head enthusiastically whilst responding with a confident "yes I would very much like that." What happens next renders him speechless, Baekhyun leans over and places a gentle kiss to his lips. Testing the water he deepen the kiss, surprised that it's successful, but so joyful.  How he ever said  Baekhyun couldn't turn him on when the evidence is trying to push through his trousers. It's at that moment when Baekhyun pulls away. A finger placed to his lips "we said we would do this right, dinner Wednesday night 8pm, at Jungsik."

I had real trouble with this chapter I know it's short. I have been advised that Baek appeared to give in to easy in the last chapter so I hope this satisfies everyone I can't believe I have over 650 reads I'm shocked. As always please add your feedback ❤️