Chapter Four

'Adventure must start with running away from home' - William Bolitho

I watch carefully was the boys welcome Sebastian to our little group. I expected them to remain intimidating and they do mention their fighting skills but only briefly. They seem to be happy about Sebastian and I but they focus more on trying to get to know him rather than our new-born relationship.  As I pour a couple drinks and clean up, they all just talk by the bar and laugh as I watch them. It makes me happy to see them but I have to push down waves of sadness when I imagine Adrian being amongst them.

The boys go as I said I'll close and I finish cleaning the tables as Sebastian says goodbye to them. I put the dishcloth away and I tighten my ponytail, hands wrapping around my waist as I do so.

"If someone told me I was going to end up with a girlfriend after coming here tonight I would have come sooner." Sebastian says, kissing my shoulder.

"It was tortuous waiting for you." I say as I turn around, resting my arms on his shoulders. "I made up my mind to stop playing hard to get by the time I poured the first drink." I explain, making his eyes light up.

"Well what can I say? You've been teasing me, I thought I would do the same." He says with a slight smirk. I raise an eyebrow and cock my head to the side.

"You do know I can and will continue to tease you now, right?" I say, returning his smirk. "You just entered a battle you can't win." I say nonchalantly. 

"Well if I'm with you I can't lose." He says and kisses me. I smile and kiss back happily, pulling away quicker than he would like.

"Are you going to be this cute all the time?" I ask.

"Not sure." He says with a slight shrug. "Are you going to be this beautiful all the time?" He asks, kissing me again. I laugh and pull away, making him groan.

"I take that as a yes then." I smirk. He laughs and I kiss him, letting him kiss me for as long as he wants this time. Unsurprisingly it's a fairly long time but I'm not complaining. He pulls my hair free of its ponytail and he plays with my hair, it feels so good considering my scalp has been pulled on for hours due to the weight of my hair.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" He asks as he pulls away. I smile and shrug.

"What do I always do?" I ask. "I'm sleeping then getting ready for work, then working and repeat." I say simply.

"Hmm, okay." He says, kissing me again. "Want a ride home?" He asks, getting his keys out of his back pocket. "Only had one drink." 

"Sure. And I know you're fine to drive; no one can kiss that well drunk." I say as I slip to the back room to get my things, leaving him slightly stunned.

When we get to my place he gets out of the car as I do, walking around the front to meet me and kiss me as we lean on his car. I play with his hair as his grip on my waist tightens slightly. He pulls away and kisses my cheek sweetly.

"Sleep well." He mumbles. I sigh happily and rest my arms on his shoulders.

"I'll try." I say simply. He smiles and runs his hands up and down the sides of my back. "Dream of me?" I ask him sweetly, looking up at him through my eyelashes. He laughs softly and runs his thumb over my bottom lip.

"Always." He says and kisses me again; holding me close to him. I love how it feels, so safe and it brings me a wave of amnesia; I can't think of the stress that work brings or the sadness of losing my brother. His kiss lets me let go, and I love it.

"Goodnight Mr Cashmere." I whisper, walking to the entrance of my building. As I walk in and close the door I look at him and smile as he watches me, leaning on his car. After another smile I walk upstairs getting my keys out of my bag.