Ending One: Chapter One

'There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.' - Jane Austen

I have a shower to think about what to do. Now I'm home and Santino is here, I feel better. I am grounded here. The weight is gone and I am able to breathe, something I was beginning to worry was a medical issue. I am scared that I will taint the home I have but to leave now actually feels wrong. I need my family and I know they, especially the boys, prefer to have me around when I am like this.

I get out of the shower, dry off as best I can and put on my sweats. I look at myself in the mirror and take a deep breath. I tell myself I am staying and it feels right. Walking out of the bathroom to see Santino's worried face makes me smile softly.

"I'm staying." I say, giving him a small smile.

"Thank god." He says, jumping up to hug me. I smile and hold onto him tightly.

"I might crash at a couple of your places though, to make sure nowhere gets tainted with my tears." I say dramatically. He lets go a little to look at my face and he smiles, kisses my forehead and smiles at me.

"Fine with me, it'll be fun to experience a sleepover with mi hermana." He says, making me smile.

"It's so weird how much better I feel by being here." I say, looking around. "I just hope it stays this calm." I say worriedly.

"Even if it doesn't, you're here, and while you are here with us, nothing can go that bad." He says. "The others will be here soon, what do you want me to say?" He asks.

"Just, keep them calm and they can come up. I hope you don't mind looking after the bar while I get a grip of things again." I say with a smile.

"Okay." He shrugs, smiling and hugging me again. "I'm just so glad you're here." He says sincerely. I smile and hold onto him, feeling at home finally; feeling relaxed finally. I hate how much I missed this, how I was deprived almost, of this.

I sit on my couch alone as Santino goes down to talk to the boys. I lift my feet to the couch and rest my head on my knees, getting slightly nervous as I hear a set of footsteps climb the stairs. The door creaks open and Peter walks in, saying nothing but hugging me for a few minutes. 

"You're okay?" He asks, examining my face. I giggle and nod, rubbing his arm to comfort him. "I promised I wouldn't stay too long; we need to get ready for tonight but I am right downstairs. Call and I will be here in a flash." He says.

"Yes Peter. I'll call if I need any of you." I reassure him. He smiles and walks back downstairs. Axel is next and basically does the same as Peter. So, when I hear the next set of footsteps, I really get nervous.

"Hey." Gabriel says, popping his head in the door.

"Hi." I say, smiling nervously at him, my heart beating hard and fast.

"You okay? You're a little pale." He says, stepping in and closing the door. His eyes are caring, but barriered. I stare at him, examining his eyes as I stay still, trying to figure out why he has a wall up around me. "Ali?" He asks.

"I'm... okay." I say, looking down then at the TV, watching him through the reflection, unsure of what to do.

"What's up? Are you mad at me for hanging up?" He asks, sitting down next to me and sighing.

"No, I don't know. Things are just, different now." I say, looking down. Everything was fine until I saw him. Please don't let Gabriel turn into a Sebastian.

"Different bad?" He asks.

"Different, scary. I don't know." I say. "You were the main person I wanted to see, now I feel weird." I tell him honestly. "Something has changed between us and I don't like it." I say, tears welling up in my eyes.