Chapter Twenty Two

'Sometimes the most shocking surprises are also the most beautiful surprises.' - Lori Wilhite

When I wake up, I look past Sebastian and stare out of the window. Taking a deep breath as I focus on just being awake right now. The feeling of the soft sheets on my skin, the faint smell of lavender, the tiny dust particles dancing in the beams of light. Nothing has gone wrong and right now everything is good. I just need to focus on that until my nervousness eases.

I get up first and get my things ready for a shower. As I walk into the bathroom Sebastian's alarm goes off so I lean on the doorframe and watch him and he smiles and stretches, rubbing one eye as the other opens properly to look at me. When he notices me watching he chuckles and flops his arm over the side of the bed. His blue eyes piercing through as he stares at me, a small smile on his face.

"Morning." I smile.

"Morning." He says, his morning voice as raspy as ever.

"I'm heading for the shower. Do I have to look fancy, casual or gorgeous today?" I ask, running my hand through my messy bed hair, my hand stopping when a knot stops it. I laugh softly and he chuckles as he sits up, after another stretch he walks to me and kisses my forehead.

"You can be a bit casual but mainly formal." He says. "But you're always gorgeous," He kisses my cheek, "and beautiful," then the other, "and sexy." He kisses my lips and I smile.

"I'll keep that in mind." I say, giggling slightly as I step into the bathroom and close the door, essentially kicking him out. I hear him chuckle and I smile.

I shower and feel properly clean, brushing my hair when it's still wet so it won't frizz. I wash my face and walk out in one of the fluffiest towels I have ever wrapped around my body. Sebastian smiles when he sees me walk out, I smile at him and go to my suitcase.

"Am I correct in assuming you'll be wearing a suit?" I ask as I look at my choice of clothes, unsure of what to choose.

"Well it is a business meeting." He says, defending his staple outfit. I playfully roll my eyes at him and he smiles, standing and leaning on the doorframe of the bathroom as I pull out my chosen clothes.

"What?" I ask as I put the clothes on the bed.

"Nothing." He smiles. "I just can't wait to see your face." He says and casually goes into the bathroom to have his shower. It's sweet but I can't help but feel more nervous, if it isn't as good as it is, I might not react the same way he wants. I don't want to disappoint him.

I dry my hair and get dressed in my chosen clothes, dark green suit pants, a white shirt with the same shade of green on it as thin vertical stripes and black stilettos. I tuck the shirt in and button it completely apart from the top two buttons. After doing fairly natural makeup just in case I cry, I am ready.

As I finish my look with accessories and perfume while Sebastian puts his suit on. I think it is a new one, a pure deep blue with a soft pink shirt underneath. He slides a brown belt through the loops of the pants and once he slides on matching shoes, we are ready.

"So, where are we going?" I ask, checking the time and temperature before deciding to also wear my coat.

"We need to go somewhere before the meeting." He says, putting his phone and wallet in different pockets.

"Do you think we'll have time to eat first?" I ask, rubbing my stomach.

"That's where we are going. Believe me, we need to eat before this meeting." He says, winking at me as he opens the door to leave. I smile and we walk down and out of the building. Our car once again is driven there as soon as we walk out.