Chapter Five

"It's okay to be scared. Being scared means you're about to do something really, really brave." - Mandy Hale

I reorganize and change a few things to make Adrian's apartment feel more like mine in the morning before I have to open up. Changing the sheets is the number one priority for me; they smell so much like him it hurts. I can't have him so close without him actually being here, it would break me eventually.

I go up town where there are more places to find things and I buy plain black sheets. Once purchased I feel calmer and I calmly walk around looking at plates and other things, none of which I particularly need but it's nice to be doing something other than work for once even if I am tired.

"Fancy finding you here on my lunch break." I hear behind me. I smile and turn around; Sebastian stands there smiling with his hands in the pockets of his perfectly tailored navy-blue suit; taking one hand out to push some hair behind my ear.

"I'm not surprised, I always thought you had a stalkerish vibe to you." I say, making him laugh as I do. He shrugs and puts his hand back in his pocket.

"I saw you walk in." He says. "So, is the bar in need of mugs?" He asks as he looks at the selection to the right of us. I smile awkwardly and shake my head.

"Not particularly. I uhh, kind of moved out so I'm doing some shopping." I say as I look at one mug in particular just to remove eye contact. He steps closer to me and I turn slightly.

"I didn't know you were moving out." He says questioningly. I smile slightly and take a subtle deep breath.

"Neither did I, until last night." I say simply.

"You were kicked out?" He asks in shock. "Why?" He asks calmer, rubbing my shoulder to comfort me. 

"My aunt and I got in a fight but it's fine, we just both decided it would be best if I moved out. It's about time to move out by now anyway." I assure him.

"Where are you staying now?" He asks, still concerned; his eyes searching mine to make sure I am okay.

"My brothers place. The one I told you about, above the bar." I tell him calmly, not wanting to worry him.

"I thought you said it would feel wrong to stay there." He says. 

"I did, but it's really not that bad. It's a nice apartment; I just need to change the sheets and stuff so it won't feel like his place as much." I say showing him the bag carrying my new sheets with a light smile. 

"Well, if it is too much for you at some point just let me know. I'm here to help." He says, stroking my cheek. I smile and look back the mugs.

"Well you can help me find a mug if you want to help, I don't need anything else." I assure him. He smiles and nods, following me down the row of mugs. About half way through he takes my free hand casually and holds it. I smile and say nothing, enjoying his hand holding mine. 

"How about this one." He says, taking a plain black one off of the shelf. I take it and read the tag on it.

"Cool, it says it has a design that will appear when hot liquid is poured in." I say, flipping over the tag to see the design. It's a beautiful outline of an anatomical heart in light purple and pink. I smile widely and he takes it from my hands.

"Do you like it?" He asks. I smile and nod. "Consider it a housewarming gift." He says.

"Sebastian you don't have to do that." I say sincerely. He just smiles and walks to the cash register, paying for it quickly, by the time I get there it is already being wrapped. I raise an eyebrow and he just laughs softly and holds my hand again giving me the chance to rest my head on his arm and yawn softly.