Chapter Thirteen

'The day will be what you make it, so rise, like the sun, and burn.' - William C. Hannan

The sun is surprisingly bright when I wake up. I have to blink a couple times as I wake up to get used to it. When I stretch the blanket doesn't move with me, I look to my left and see Sebastian laying there, fast asleep. My heart flutters and I lay back down, watching him for a couple minutes, enjoying him being here with me.

With it being so bright I assume it's approaching midday. He must have wanted to leave earlier than this. While I want to stay like this forever, I know it would be better to wake him so I shuffle forward and hold him, kissing his strong shoulder.

"Hey." I whisper. "Hey wake up." I say gently, kissing his shoulder again. "I think it's time to get up." I say.

"No." He groans. "I want to stay here with you." He says, turning around and holding me, resting his head on my shoulder as if I am protecting him from waking up. My heart melts and I stroke his hair.

"I know, so do I. But I think it's almost midday and I thought you would have wanted to be awake now." I say sweetly kissing the top of his head.

"Yeah but that means it's over." He groans.

"This retreat might be, but we are nowhere near over." I say enthusiastically. "Come on, we can do anything as long as we are together." I say happily.

"I love you." He mumbles, nestling closer into me.

"I love you too." I say, stroking his hair as he kind of falls back to sleep. "I love you so much." I whisper, kissing his soft, thick hair.

We lay there for another half an hour, me just stroking his hair as he continues his slumber. My heart melts every time he nestles further into me, he is just so adorable right now. Eventually I can tell he is awake but he is fighting it. I smile and slowly stop stroking his hair, leaning back to see him frown slightly.

"Awe." I say, sitting up. "Come on, we have to get up at some point." I say, holding his hand.

"I don't want to." He says, turning onto his back. "I won't see you as much." He mumbles.

"Well it's better than not seeing me at all because I have a job to get back to." I say, walking around and sitting with him. "I have to go back and show off all of the great things I have learnt." I say with a smile. "Come on, I have a surprise planned for you and it will only work back home." I add. He smiles softly and gets his phone from his bedside table.

"Okay." He says with a sigh. "I suppose I will face reality for you." He says with a small smile.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"Almost two." He says.

"We'll have to be quick if I want to see the boys before we open tonight." I say with a small smile.

"Let me worry about that." He says. "Just get ready as fast as you want, we'll have lunch here before we go." He says. I smile and nod, getting up and walking into his bathroom where I have a shower. I feel it too, I don't really want to go back either but I know I have to go back. Sebastian doesn't really have to, he kind of only has me. Walking back out of the bathroom Sebastian is out of bed and I kiss him.

"You okay?" I ask.

"I'm with you, of course I am." He says happily. I smile a little and go to my room, putting on clothes and finishing packing as quick as I can. I put my hair up and lie in Sebastian's bed as he gets ready in his closet.

"Hungry?" He asks, coming out in one of his cashmere sweaters, black jeans and suede shoes. I smile and sit up, obviously checking him out and nodding. "Come on then." He says, holding out his hand. "The others left ages ago, it will just be us and maybe the guests who have arrived today.