Chapter Seven

'Time is the longest distance between two places.' - Tennesse Williams

I see Sebastian considerably less over the next few weeks. Something went wrong with a business deal and it's holding back a lot of other things for him. He has been travelling but he calls me every now and again, apologizing or wishing me a good morning or night. 

"That him again?" Gabriel asks as I put own my phone behind the bar.

"Yeah, he said he should be coming back in three days if tomorrow works out." I say, giving him a small smile.

"He said this trip would only be three days, it's been almost two weeks." Gabriel reminds me. I hold back an eye roll and just turn around, doing some inventory. "You okay?" He asks.

"I just don't need to be reminded Gabriel." I say, giving him a small smile. "I miss him enough as it is." I mumble. Gabriel sighs and comes around the bar quickly and hugs me. "It's fine Gabriel I promise. I just got used to him being here." I assure him, still taking comfort in his hug though.

"Remember you have me, always." He says, whispering at the end.

"I know, thanks." I whisper back. The others have set up the stage and Gabriel walks back to them as they warm up. 

The night goes smoothly, the only annoyance is there are more people telling me to smile tonight which fades as we get busier; either that or I just ignored them better. I hear my phone buzz but I ignore it as I carry on working. Trying to forget him in all honesty. For my sanity. The end of the night seems to creep up on me. I guess missing Sebastian makes me rely on work to distract me again; it's working.

I close and take my phone upstairs. I flop in bed and finally see the text Sebastian has sent me; it makes me grow excited quickly.

Check your emails 

Instantly I open up my emails and see an email from someone from Ashwood Industries. I open it and read the email quickly.

The business management and leadership skills retreat will be held on the thirteenth of this month to the twentieth. Please reply to this email confirming your attendance and please tell us if you need a place on the provided transportation or if you have your own transportation. If you have any questions not answered by the brochure you received at sign up you may also use this email.

I decide to call Sebastian and this time he answers; it surprises me, usually he has been working so I have to wait for him to call.

"Hey, did you see the email?" He asks as soon as he picks up.

"Yeah, it's in three days, will you be back in time?" I ask, picking at the skin around my nails slightly.

"I should be." He says and sighs lightly. "I want to be. The place is beautiful and we have organised it so everyone has time to enjoy the place too; including me and god knows I need a break." He mumbles.

"Okay, I'll say I need the transportation. How long is it? I'm actually getting excited." I say and smile, trying to sound happy because I know it will help him.

"Not too long, don't you have the brochure? It has the directions." He says.

"No, my aunt must have it. She actually probably got rid it by now to be honest, plus it can be a surprise now." I say, I can feel him smile and I do too, I lay on my side and get giddy almost.

"Well I like the idea of that too." He says. "It's beautiful, I can imagine you there and I must say it is a million times better." He adds. I laugh and take a deep breath.