Chapter 1

"You. Me. And margaritas. What do you say," my best friend Chelsea suggested. I raised an eyebrow at her. Chelsea was my polar opposite in every way. She was an extrovert who loved putting herself out there. She enjoyed meeting new people and having sex with strangers. She never takes a single moment for granted and enjoys every second. But that careless behavior makes her seem not very intelligent and she enjoys making people underestimate her. She actually has three doctorates.

"Why," I asked her with a raised eyebrow. "Because you got the PA job," she squealed. "Your months of job hunting and living on my couch are finally over!" I laughed as I rolled my eyes. She's complained that she had to make a pact of celibacy since I moved in because she has a studio apartment, meaning she had no private place to have her brains fucked out. She was bad the first couple of weeks, having to work out more than normal just to make it through the day without jumping any man she saw. I didn't understand how she could be so sex crazy but then again it was very rare I got laid.

"I don't think going into work with a hangover tomorrow is a good idea," I told her honestly. I just barely got this job because I was the only female applicant who didn't lust after Dakota Lester, the world's sexiest man alive. I'm not gonna lie, I lusted after the man when I met him yesterday at our interview. He was sinfully gorgeous and it was understandable that all the women were ready to drop their panties at the sight of him. If I didn't need that job, then I would've been in the same boat with them. I wanted to run my fingers through his chocolate brown hair while starring into his sea green eyes as I ride him, giving him the world's best orgasm.

She sighed, "Yeah. You need to go into work as your best self, and with a hangover you'd just be grumpy and get yourself fired." I rolled my eyes as I shook my head, "I wouldn't get myself fired." She snorted, "Isn't that what happened at your last job though?" I felt my cheeks redden," I refuse to let it happen this time." She giggled, "Whatever you say."

Her phone then began to ring and she went to the patio to talk to whoever it was that called her. I grabbed the remote and turned on the TV. She then came in excitedly, "I totes forgot Perkin's club opens tonight. Let's go." I shook my head, "You go. I'm probably gonna watch TV then pass out. I have to get up early." "Are you sure," she asked,  clearly not liking the idea of me being here alone. I waved a hand, "Go Chelsea, have fun." She leaned down and kissed my cheek before going to her closet to pick out her clothes.

She got ready in blur, and looked stunning in less than an hour. She left with a bounce in her step and I sighed once the door was shut. I love my bestie, but she seriously worries too much.

The next morning I was up and ready by six thirty, giving me enough time to stop by Starbucks for a much needed frappe then get to my desk outside of Mr. Lester's office. As I walked through the lobby I got strange looks from the women. It was clear, I was different than them. I was born in high society, but I never fit in. That didn't stop my parents from grooming me for their life. When I turned eighteen, I moved out to try and make it on my own. I tried to stay in contact, but they cut me out of their lives. After accepting that, I became the person I knew I really was. I had tattoos, piercings, and scars, things that didn't belong in a building such as this. However, I didn't have much choice. I needed a job and many dont approve of the strange colors I dyed my hair or more than two piercings in my ears. Even then, having more than one in my ear is pushing it.

I didn't belong here, but again I needed it. I sat at my desk and started up the computer. A tablet and a company cell phone were sitting next to it so I am able to do my work on the go around the building. I took out my bluetooth earpiece and paired it with the phone so I could be hands free when taking calls. I had just opened a email of things I needed to know when Mr. Lester stepped off of the elevator.