Chapter 15

Dakota's POV

I jolted awake at the first crash of thunder. Lydia.

I threw off the covers and rushed from my room to hers. She was whimpering as she cried, while rocking. Her knees were to her chest, her arms wrapped around them, her face tucked into her knees. "Leave me alone." She said, as she cried. "Cody, stop." I froze at the name. It was the first time she had ever said it. Another crash of thunder made her cry out in pain and I snapped out of it.

I crawled into the bed, not touching her. "Lydia," I called out over the sound of her cries. I continued to do so, wanting her to follow my voice back to reality.

"Dakota?" She asked weakly. "It's me babygirl," I told her. She threw herself into my arms and I caught her. "I-It was so much worse than usual," she told me as she gripped my shoulders while crying. I picked her up and took her down to the media room, hitting the button to make the bed come up from the floor, the seats tucking away. "It's gonna be okay," I assured her. We laid down, with her tucked tightly into me. I picked up the remote and put on Moana, a movie I knew she loved.

When she fell back to sleep, she clutched desperately to me, terrified. Cody. The man responsible for causing my baby so much pain and fear. I looked down at her, and it was clear she wasn't sleeping peacefully. Her subconscious was still attacking her. I wrapped my arms tightly around her, wanting to reassure her as much as I possibly can even though she's asleep.

When I woke up again she was still clutching to me, her face tucked into my chest. My chest felt wet and after looking closer, I saw she had been crying. Tears still lingered on her cheeks and I moved to wipe them away and her eyes shot open.

"It's just me," I whispered as I wiped her tears away. "Do you want to talk about it?" "It felt so much more real this time. I'm used to seeing him, and hearing him, but this time I could feel and smell him too. Last time it had been so bad it was because I felt so much stress," She confessed to me. "And it was how my mind attacked me for it."

I then felt guilt slam into me, "Me offering you that partnership did it, didn't it?" She shot her eyes up to me me, wide, "No! I'm honored by the partnership." We sat up to talk properly. "I do feel that our relationship is moving a little fast, but I can handle that. I just have this worry that I'm gonna embarrass you, and drag you through the mudd thanks to my past and my parents. And throw in the mafia and mob issue. And let's not forget about Selena. It's just so much to handle at once after having a simple quiet life." She rushed out as she tried to get her feelings in order. "Especially the Selena issue. She won't play the role as the mother to your child, if it's really yours, and even though you haven't asked me too, I am going to play that role. I'm about to be a mom to a child that isn't mine, and I am feeling the stress of whether or not I'm fit to be in that role. I'm a damaged woman Dakota. As last night clearly proved."

God I was such a dumbass and I wanted to kiss her. I didn't think her to play the role as the mother of my child, but I was far from being against the idea.

"A-And I want you to know that even if we don't work out, I want you to know that I will still play that role, because every child deserves to have a loving mother." She went on, causing me to want to kiss her even more. "Unless you don't want me too then I'll respect that but-" Unable to resist anymore, I cupped her cheeks and kissed her like my life depened on it. She was shocked for a second before she kissed me back.

I rested my forehead against hers, "Thank you." I was thanking her for so many things, and she will never understand that.

We then got up to eat breakfast and to get ready for work. I was standing in my closet when she pocked her head in. She smiled brightly before coming in. She wore a black pencil skirt that went to her knees, a white long sleeve blouse,  dark stockings, and a pair of. Louibitons. I knew she would be wearing garters under her skirt, and the idea had me hard. Her make up was light as well as the scent of her perfume. She wore the earrings in her ears with pride. Her waist long pink hair was in soft curls with a piece on the left side was held back. God she was a Goddess.