Chapter 29

The Balore Fundraiser had been a gathering of the rich, trying to top each other's donations to feed those in third world countries who don't have very much. Dakota didn't see it as a who's wallet was deeper contest. He donated because he had a heart and truly wanted to help them. It made me so proud being his girlfriend and submissive. After the fundraiser I sat in the limo with him, tucked into his side, my legs across his lap. He curled a strand of my hair around his finger. "It's nice to finally go to an event without our parents trying to rain on our parade," He stated with a sigh. "We had Selena glaring at us the entire time though," I grumbled. 

"That's only because the article that was released on her pissed her off," He told me and I laughed softly. The picture alone was funny. Selena desperately tries to win Dakota back! And fails! , had been the headline with Selena trying to kiss Dakota, his face had been of pure disgust as he moved his head, her eyes were wide in shock, her lips puckered. I had cut it out and put it on my bulletin board in my office at work. I look at it when having a bad day. "That's what happens when she goes after someone that doesn't belong to her," I told him. He was chuckling softly when we the limo had to come to a screeching halt. Dakota tightened his grip around me to keep me from falling into the floor. 

Suddenly the door was thrown open and guns were pointed at us. "Get out," they ordered. We did as they told us. "Mob or mafia," Dakota asked them. "Why would that matter," The one who told us to get out asked. "Because my father has pissed you both off, and I would like to know how much he owes," Dakota told him. "You can speak with the boss soon," He told us. They forced us into another car and blindfolded us. Dakota kept his fingers laced with mine, "It's gonna be okay baby." I nodded, "Okay." it was whispered but I trusted him. Dakota had to have some kind of plan. 

When we arrived at our destination, they dragged us from the car. "Be careful with the lady," a man who sounded older told them. "You never manhandle a woman in heels." My arm was let go of and the blindfold was removed. A man with a cane who had a hunch back stood before us. Dakota wrapped an arm around my waist. "My boys said you wanted to know how much your father owed us," the man asked. Dakota nodded, "I do." "Two point five million," He answered. Dakota nodded, "I will pay it." The man studied Dakota, "And why would you do that?" "Because I know when I do, my siblings and my girlfriend will be safe. We had nothing to do with his gambling problem, but we got dragged into this mess," Dakota explained. "My girlfriend has had enough threats in her life, I just want her to know what it's like not having to look over her shoulder anymore. I've already took out one, and I want to get rid of the other threats created by my father." 

I felt my blood freeze and I turned to Dakota, "It was you? You killed Cody?" "He was raping you every year and he was stalking you," Dakota told me. "I knew you would never recover if he kept coming after you. He was killing mob and mafia members who were targeting you, and I knew in the end, it would just make matters worse. I did it right before flying out to Paris." I should feel disgusted and horrified, but I honestly felt loved. He risked going to prison so I could stop looking over my shoulder. 

"You mean to tell me, my missing men had been killed by someone that wasn't our competitors," the old man asked us. I nodded, "It was done by a man named Cody who has been stalking me for the last ten years. In college he raped me, and every year on the anniversary of that night, he would relive it. He sent us pictures and wrote in vivid detail on how he had done it, declaring it had been to keep me a live so he could continue to do what he has been doing to me for the last ten years. The police have everything right now." "I got into contact with someone who was much better at being a ghost, and had him track him down," Dakota told him. "I then killed him so he could no longer come after her." 

The man then studied Dakota even more. "You killed a man to protect the woman you love," He said. Dakota nodded, "I did. I will do whatever it takes to protect her. Which is why I am offering to pay what my father owes you. I will be doing the same with the other group that he owes." The old man turned, "You hear that Donnie Boy, I didn't kill your men. Now get your mobsters away from my men." A man came out of the shadows. He was much younger than the old man. He wore a black silk shirt and stone grey slacks. 

"Your father owes me three," The man called Donnie Boy, stated. Dakota nodded, "I will pay it." That was just so much money. "Dakota, that's so much money," I told him. "It's worth it. Ensuring you and my siblings are safe is worth every penny." "But this is your father's mess. The man didn't even apologize or seem concerned that he threw a target on to our backs. Neither did your mother for that matter. Hell they disowned you for Christ sake! You shouldn't pay what they owe when they don't care about you or Dylan or Maggie. It's not right Dakota," I told him. "You can't pay  your father's debts. He is going to continue borrowing money from loan sharks, and be unable to pay it. The man will never learn his lesson if you keep bailing him out of trouble." 

"Selena is due to have our daughter soon," He told me. "I don't want to have this issue when you and I bring her home. I would like to propose to you and start planning our wedding, but I'm not going to do that when we have this threat." He wants to propose? I felt my heart skip a beat at his confession. 

"I have seen the articles on your ex. You are having a girl," Donnie Boy asked Dakota. Dakota nodded, "I am. Selena is giving up her rights, so she will be our daughter, and I can't bring a new born into my home with all of this going on." "Is there anything that we can do that buys our safety while not bailing his father out of the mess he created," I asked them, almost pleadingly. "Lydia," Dakota said, but I wasn't going to let him pay his father's debt. 

"I have always believed that a parent should care for their children," the old man said. "Not use them as a bank account. Or in your case, a get out of jail free card." The old man looked at Donnie Boy, "What do you say Donnie Boy?" Donnie Boy took out a cigarette, "I have a wife and a two year old little girl at home. I know how it feels to want to do anything to protect them. I, myself, have even killed to make sure they stay safe. I admire your style Dakota. Your father on the other hand is a piece of shit I wouldn't mind putting a bullet into." Donnie Boy then looked at me, "My wife would like you. A woman not afraid to stand up for her man and protect him is one worth keeping. You, your girl, and your siblings are free to go in my book. A man should protect his family, not make them pay his debts. Enjoy your wedding and embrace every moment with your little girl, the time will surely fly. Take these people home." 

Was this really happening? Were we really being let go? When we got home, it was just us. I turned to him and threw myself at him, "Yes I'll marry you." He crashed his lips to mine and I wrapped my arms around his neck. His hands explored my body through my dress. I moaned and arched into him, needing more. He pulled away, "I need to stop, before I can't." "Don't," I told him. "I need you Dakota." We could have died tonight. He could have gone to prison. I needed him. His eyes searched mine, "Are you sure?" I nodded, "More sure than I have ever been." He kissed me again before scooping me up bridal style and carried me up the stairs. When we got to our room he kicked the door shut and laid me on the bed. 

Lust and need fueled every kiss and every touch. He rid me of my dress and drank in the sight of my strapless bra, thong, and heels. I felt so vulnerable as his gaze drank every detail. He then began kissing down the side of my neck as he unhooked my bra and tossed it to the side. His lips trailed to my right breast, his tongue flicking the nipple teasingly before he sucked it into his mouth. I buried my fingers into his hair as I arched off the bed. One of his hands went to my thong and slipped beneath the fabric. He pushed two fingers into me and I felt my walls clench around them. He moved to the other nipple as he moved his fingers lazily in and out of me, slowly building up my orgasm. He removed his fingers when he continued to kiss down my body till he was settled between my legs. He removed my thong. His eyes were on mine as he pushed his fingers back into me. I arched and moan, my hands gripping the sheets. His tongue then replaced them. "Oh god, I'm so close," I moaned out. "Give it to me Baby Girl, don't you dare hold back," he told me. His words pushed me over the edge as my orgasm rushed through me, my thighs shaking from the force of it. 

As I came down from the high of my orgasm he took off his clothes. He gave me a deep kiss as he lined himself up with me. He pushed himself in slowly, as if he was testing my reaction. I only felt lust and love for this man. I moaned as he filled me. When he was fully in he moaned softly before claiming my lips. My hips met him thrust for thrust, my nails digging into him as my orgasm built. We came at the same time and it was beautiful. "I love you Lydia," He whispered as we laid there, his cock still seated inside me. "I love you too Dakota," I whispered back. I just made love to the love of my life, and I didn't feel a single ounce of fear. This man faced a mobster and the mafia, and he even took out my stalker, all to protect me. I will die protecting his secret. I nestled into him, a small smile on my lips before sleep claimed me.