Chapter 25

I tried to control my breathing as I looked at the letter and pictures that were on my bed. Tonight had been amazing. I even took a leap of faith and did something sexual for Dakota. Then I get to my room and see this. I sent the text quickly to Dakota. My hands were shaking and my lungs feel tight. I could hear running and my bedroom door thrown open. "Baby, what's wrong," Dakota asked me. He then saw the letter and the photos. He took the letter from me to read it himself while I kept looking at the photos. They were photos of me coming and going from the office. There were photos of dead men from the mafia and the mob. There were photos of me with Dakota, a target drawn on his head. There were also photos of me with Chelsea with targets on her as well. My hands shook as I kept going through them. 

The letter was from him. He was talking about how he killed those men in the mafia and mob because if he hadn't they would've killed me. He talked about how he saved me from them in vivid detail and how he would do the same to Dakota if I keep letting him get close to me. He also gave the same threat to Chelsea. Did what I do in the limo with Dakota a few minutes ago just sign his death warrant? The photos were then taken from me. "Baby Girl," Dakota called out to me. "I-I'm going to get you killed," I choked out as I began to cry, my hands covering my face. He moved my hands and took off my mask, "No, you're not." "Look at what he did to those men Dakota," I screamed at him. "He's going to do that to you!" "No he's not," He assured me, voice calm. "And what makes you so sure of that," I snapped. "Not even the cops can get this close to these people, yet he made it seem like child's play." My breathing was erratic. "I-I can't loose you Dakota." I broke. It's all my fault. I put a target on him. I put a target on my best friend. They're going to be killed because of me. It's all my fault. 

He cupped my cheeks, "Lydia, I need you to listen to me." His voice was firm. It was his dom voice. It was steady. Listen to it, a tiny voice in my head told me. It was almost drowned out by the screaming thoughts in my head. "Nothing will happen to me or to Chelsea," He vowed to me. "I will ensure we are okay. Do you trust me?" I nodded without thinking, "Yes sir." He kissed my forehead and I closed my eyes. "I'm scared Master," I confessed to him in a whisper. "And the thoughts are so loud." "Which thoughts are the loudest Baby," He asked me. "That it's my fault you're a target," I told him. "That if I didn't love you, he would only target me." 

It slipped without thought. I tried keeping that feeling to myself, not wanting to make it worse for him. Yet, my stupid mouth had a mind of it's own. He then kissed me softly, "My love for you, is why I won't let him target you." I wanted to protest against that, but then Richie came in with some men. Dakota lead me out of the room so they could do their job. We went into his room, "Let's get you into something more comfortable." I felt a rising panic at the thought of him seeing me undressed. How much does he know? Does he know just how comfortable I am around Dakota? Does he know I love Dakota with every piece of my damaged heart? Does he know Dakota has seen me naked? 

"Baby Girl," Dakota said in his Dom voice, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I-I..." I couldn't say anything. My thoughts were too loud. "Do you trust me," He asked me. I nodded, "Yes sir." "You can safe word out, if you can't handle it, but I would like to try something," He told me. "What," I whispered. "It's called a therapy spanking," He told me. "It's to help you silence your thoughts, and to just feel. It's also to help you cry and try to get your emotions in order." I nodded, "Okay." 

He nodded, "I want you to simply follow my orders without questioning them. Strip for me." He stripped down to just his slacks while I stripped completely. He sat on the bed, feet on the floor. He then had me lay across his lap. The first spank was hard and firm. He kept it steady, alternating between each cheek. Slowly my thoughts ceased and the tears just flooded out. I cried my heart out, no words uttered. My feelings weren't so out of place, and the spanking truly did help me. When he felt I had enough, he had me sit on the bed in front of him. "We're going to talk, and then I will do your after care. I want the sting to help keep you on track, allowing you to focus on something so your thoughts don't get jumbled again." 

I nodded in understanding. He nodded, "Now tell me how you feel." "Really, really scared," I told him. "And for once, it's not fear for my own safety. He is targeting you because it's my fault." My voice was steady as I spoke to him. "I trust you when you say nothing will happen to you, but I still worry, and I'm going to continue to worry until he is locked away or dead." I sighed, "And soon you will have a child here and the thought of him being able to just waltz in here, makes me sick. And it's all because of me." I looked at the bed, tears coming to my eyes again. He cupped my cheek and I leaned into his palm. "Do you trust me," He asked me. I nodded, "Yes sir." "Then just know, I have a plan to ensure he can't hurt you or anyone else again. I promise, I won't be hurt," He told me. I bit my lip nervously before nodding. What did he have planned? 

After our talk he rubbed lotion into my stinging cheeks before I put on a pair of his boxers and one of his shirts. I took off my make up and jewelry in the bathroom while he changed. I felt a kind of coldness creep into me.  I didn't know how long I had just stared at myself until Dean wrapped his arms around me. "It's going to be okay Baby," he whispered to me. I wanted to believe him, but it was so damn hard. He turned me to face me and cupped my face. He looked at me steadily. His eyes seemed so firm and the steadiness in his hands told me he can handle this. It helped my breathe a little easier. I wanted to run, to ensure he would stay safe, but the thought of leaving killed me. I knew if I ran, Dakota would just look for me. And if I left, Cody may just kill him anyways to ensure Dakota couldn't interfere. What the fuck do I do?