Chapter 44: Defenseless

Jimin stared at the kitten in his arms as the cat meowed and rose it's head to look at Jimin. Almost as if it questioned why Jimin suddenly stopped caressing him and was only staring at him. Jungkook noticed Jimin's off behavior and approached the man where he pointed his head to his. "What's wrong, Jimin? Is there something on your mind?" Jungkook asked and watched Jimin continue petting the kitten and caress its gentle fur.

          "I'm upset… I talked to Taehyung today but he didn't want my help at all. It was so difficult talking to him… I felt so bad he had a black eye and he was crying when I asked him too many questions. I brought him into a hug, but he didn't want it! Then he told me to stay out of it and he killed a man. I think he only told me this just to scare me away from asking too much. Of course, I don't believe he killed anyone… But if he was forced to, I won't be surprised. Something is wrong with Taehyung and Mr. Yoshida is causing it." Jimin told his boyfriend. Standing up and holding the kitten to his face where he nuzzled his face against its fur.

         "Taehyung seems deep in Mr. Yoshida's control to be against help like this. If you try to reach out to him, he could get even more hurt by that man. Ah, at times I just want to know what he looks like just to beat him up. Yet again, he knows who I am and knows I run this huge company." Jungkook claimed and drew his attention at Jimin who was hugging the kitten and embracing it happily. Trying to forget the stress that piled over his shoulders heavily. "I would ask you to take a picture of him, but then, I don't want you going near that asshole."

          "I don't want to be anywhere near him anyway! That man disgusts me… the way Taehyung cried made me realize how twisted that man truly is! Jungkook, you should have seen the way he left Taehyung with that black eye and a scar. Worst thing is, Taehyung kept telling me how great of a man Mr. Yoshida is. Ugh, it's horrible and I feel so guilty that I couldn't help him in any way! Of course… there was no chance that I could have gotten a chance to save him. Taehyung thinks less of himself and it's all Seung-Woo's fault. I-Imagine… If I have never met you… I would be in the hands of that monster…" Jimin continued and set the kitten down to face Jungkook.

         "But you're not. You're with me. I can never hurt you or betray you. You're my everything and Mr. Yoshida would have just broken you too! I won't let him get to you…" Jungkook assured Jimin. The man assured the older and told him the words he wanted to hear just to feel safe. Jungkook was many things in such a twisted book, but one thing that stood out the most was his love for Jimin and his words that made him believe he was safe through all the pain in this world. "Let's… stop talking about this." Jungkook mentioned as Jimin nodded his head and wrapped his arms around Jungkook's exposed torso. Smiling lightly until the kitten let out another meow.

          "About the kitten… Where did you get him?" Asked Jimin as Jungkook smiled. Turning his body to face the kitten and wrap his arms around Jimin's waist. "He likes to make a mess.. That's all I can tell from the top of my head."

          "He's very annoying but cute. I mentioned that I needed a kitten and not just any kitten… The type that you like and someone in my team had a friend who had a batch of kittens they were giving away . I adopted the kitten from them as soon as I looked at the many pictures of the cats they were going to put up for adoption. So, I got this one and named him Peanut." Jungkook mentioned and listened to Jimin giggle and cover his mouth.

         "We never settled on a name! Oh, you should have texted me about it… He's adorable." Jimin mentioned and got on his knees before running his hand along the mattress to bring the kitten into his arms. "Peanut… I would have named him that either way~" Jimin whispered as Jungkook only kept his eyes locked onto Jimin. Jungkook was glad to know that the couple was at their happiest now and nothing stood in between them. For once, Jungkook finally felt calm just knowing Jimin was his and nothing else stood in their way. "Peanut will have such caring fathers! He's our son now."