Chapter 51: Living Without Him

Jungkook took in a sharp breath before stepping into the hospital room where his brother was. Jungkook had no plans on seeing Junghyun after what happened… But, he knew he couldn't live with the pain of thinking back at how his anger took over him. Jungkook lost his mind back then and only now, he just had to reconnect with his Brother and fix broken ties. Jungkook walked into the room as every step weighed him down like cement blocks locked onto his ankles. As Jungkook stepped in, his brother was awake. Staring up at the ceiling in silence… Thinking back at the many things he did to Taehyung and even his own family.

         "Junghyun…" Jungkook called out as he stepped in with the roses in his hands before setting them over the table and pulling his seat up to Junghyun's hospital bed. The whole time Jungkook moved the chair, Junghyun's gaze followed him. Junghyun's chest was wrapped with bandages and he had an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth to breathe easily. He was only shot on the chest, but he lived with only a few blood issues that lacked blood transfusion. Yet, Junghyun was lucky enough to recover and breathe easily. "I'm sorry…"

         "I think… I'm hallucinating…" Breathed the older as Jungkook shook his head and sat down to listen to his older brother. Reaching for his hand and holding it for the first time in so long. "Is that really you…? Or is my… mind playing games… on… me..?" Asked Junghyun as he took short breaths to scan his eyes all around Jungkook's face carefully.

         "No games… I'm really here. I'm sorry… I was upset and the pai-"

          "It's okay… I think I should be the one who says sorry… I ruined you and I… I never noticed how good I had it until I faked my death. I guess… I just couldn't handle it and I should have told you about it. Now look at me… I… I broke you… Made you shoot me… And I could have died." Junghyun suddenly confessed and held Jungkook's hand as tight as he could. Yet, he was still weak so his strength was just like the strength of a child compared to Jungkook's. "I should have loved my brother… I should have talked to my brother and listened to him. I did miss you and I did miss my life as Jeon Junghyun. I had it easy back then."

         "Oh, Junghyun… Such a drama king…" Chuckled the man as he made his older brother smile. "I forgive you as long as you stay away from my Swan… he's mine. Don't get me jealous about it either."

         "Take him… I never wanted… him in the first… place… I just wanted to use him just to break you down… But now, I'm glad I wasn't able to do it. I'm glad you shot me to bring the light inside my dull… dull mind…" Whispered Junghyun as Jungkook smiled and tilted his head. "Thanks for the blood transfusion."

         "Are you breathing the right oxygen? Brother, we don't have the same blood type." Jungkook mentioned as the man blinked his eyes and raised his gaze down to the hand he held onto.

         "Then… Who did? Can… you check… my folder? It holds all the things I've been put through… See when was the blood… transfusion and who was the donor…" Asked Junghyun as Jungkook pulled his hand back before walking up to the folder and pulling it open to gaze through the list and see that only one name fell under the label: 'Donor'. Jungkook smiled as soon as he read the name before looking back to give his Brother a smile. "Kim Taehyung." Jungkook read out loud and closed the folder before walking back to his Brother at the hospital bed. "He's here?"

          "I… I don't know…. Ah, why would he do it? Out of all those things I did to him. I've abused him in so many ways… yet, he was here earlier. I guess I have to wait and see him." Junghyun mentioned as he began to tear up. Looking back at how many times he hit Taehyung and made him feel horrible about himself. This was enough to make him turn away to hide his tears from Jeon Jungkook. "I really am a monster… I hurt him so much and I never stopped." Junghyun continued and covered his mouth. "He really did love me and I used that against him…"