Chapter 5

VIRAGO

The good thing about working for Lucifer is that he made sure to work around my schedule for school. How he got it? I don't know. I guess Cohne sent that to him, too. My schedule was never too crazy to begin with anyway.

On weekends, I usually sleep in, so I'm running on three hours of sleep on my first day of work. I should've taken something last night to help me knock out. My sleeping schedule was so messed up now, I have to get it together again. No one better mess with me today. When I don't have enough sleep, I get in a rather bitchy mood. Also, I better not fall asleep on the job. Maybe if Lucifer sees that I'm not okay today, he'll cut me some slack.

He didn't give a crap though.

"I need you to read these papers and make sure no one in Accounting made mistakes. If you do find any mishaps, the name of the accountant you'll need to speak to is on the top right corner."

Lucifer dropped the stack of papers on my desk and I grabbed the first one. Suddenly, I couldn't read. How the hell did he expect me to understand this stuff? I'm studying to be a nurse. I don't know how accounting works.

"Uh, is there a tutorial video I can watch because this doesn't look like English."

So many numbers! I turned into the meme of that lady who's confused and math equations are all over the place. I was never great with math, it's one of the reasons why I'm struggling with my major. I can't do anything about it though because Mami wants me to be a Nurse. I don't want to disappoint her so I decided to keep going.

Lucifer took a sheet of paper. He began to explain what I needed to check. He also showed me how to use the phone and which buttons to press for me to transfer calls to him. He made sure I understood what I had to do and finally I began. I'm so happy he was being helpful about it. That was a first. I guess he did need help and I'm not just something sexy he could look at anymore.

Taking my time with these papers, Lucifer was doing who knows what in his office. I looked them over, making some marks on things that needed to be checked. I even made two separate piles on the files that were okay and the ones that I questioned. When I took a peek at Lucifer, I found him gazing at me. He instantly used a remote to darken the glass wall until it turned black.

I giggled in the palm of my hand. Did he do that out of embarrassment? That was kinda cute. But why does he seem nice and then seconds later he's rude? Is he bipolar? He needs to get his attitude checked or else no one will like him. I'm surprised he was married before, but he could've changed after his wife's death, so I shouldn't blame him. That still doesn't excuse his behavior though. I wouldn't treat people like crap if my husband was gone. But then again, I never went through that, so what do I know, right?

The door slammed open and I jumped in my seat. A blonde woman in a red short dress sashayed inside but stopped once she saw me, frowning. "Who the hell are you?"

Oh, here we go.

"Lucifer's new secretary," I said, resting my cheek on my fist. "Can I ask who you are?"

"Kristie, his girlfriend," she snapped, folding her arms across her abnormally large chest. I felt like if someone throws a football at her boobs they'll pop.

I guess she thought her answer was supposed to make me jealous? She smirked, waiting for me to respond negatively. So I shrugged and pointed like I didn't have a care in the world at Lucifer's side of the room.

"Okay, so go see him."

She huffed. "I wonder why he hired a low-class thing like you."

Ugh, I don't have time for this! Is this bitch for real? It hasn't even been two minutes and she already hates me because I'm his secretary? Groaning, I slid my hand down my face. I didn't wake up this morning to get belittled.

"Girl, I don't know you, and to be frank, I don't want to know you. It seems like you're in a bad mood, so if you're here to get dicked down by Lucifer, then by all means, get in there because obviously you need it."

"I will," she replied and headed over to his office.

The eye roll I made wasn't big enough for what I just had to endure. Lucifer loses his wife and he's dating...that? Makes me want to bleach my brain and erase my memories. I wonder what his wife used to be like. She must've been so beautiful since Lucifer's sons are all handsome. I remember in the portrait some of his sons have tanner and browner skin, so she must've been a woman of color.

On my next sheet of paper, I noticed a mistake so I made my way down to Accounting. The elevator stopped on a different floor and in came Patrizio. He was on his phone but once he noticed me, his phone slipped from his hand.

"Oh, my gosh!" I gasped, bending down to pick up it up. A few cracks were now on the black screen. "Aww, no, it cracked."

PRIDE

I pushed through the front entrance of my father's building. Apologizing to the Demon doorman, I walked as fast I could to the elevator. It's been a day and Father hasn't told me a single thing about the woman he had in his office. When did she come back? How long has he been seeing her? Seconds later, my phone started to vibrate and I picked up without checking the caller ID.

"What?" I snarled.

"Pride! Babe, I just came back from EDC! Ya know what that means!"

Honestly, Ellie can fuck whoever she wants but she always comes to me when she needs it. What can I say? I'm just that amazing. Everything about me is.

I arrived at the elevator, but this one only takes me up to the fiftieth floor. Walking inside, I pressed the fiftieth button. "Ells, I can't come over right now, I'm at my father's."

"Aww," she moaned. "But I'm naked and my fingers aren't helping. Do you have any idea how much I missed you? The Humans and Demons in LA are nothing like you."

I smirked, watching the floor numbers rise on the elevator screen. "You know why."

"Oh, I do! You have Lucifer's stamina and the powers of a Witch. Sometimes I wonder how I ended up being the first Sin's fuckbuddy."

"Because you're one of my good friends," I said with a chuckle. "Look, I gotta go. I need to talk to my father about my mother."

"The Queen's back?! Yeah, sure. Call me later when you get the chance."

I walked out of the elevator. "Yeah, I'll be there tonight."

"Yay!"

Hanging up, I pressed the button for the next elevator. While waiting, I received a text from Ellie. I bit my lip at her scandalous message along with a sexy nude she took in bed.

The elevator finally arrived and once I texted her back, I walked inside. As I was doing so, my mother's powerful scent hit me. Looking up, our eyes met as my phone slipped from my hand. She's right here, right in front of me.

She bent down to pick up my phone when I should've been the one to do that. I choked, I couldn't breathe, she was now going to be around again and I couldn't say anything about it to my brothers. Fuck, I can't believe Father was making me keep this a secret from them! For once in my immortal life, I wish I wasn't the oldest.

"Aww, no, it cracked."

Her voice, I almost broke down and fell to my knees, I missed her voice so much. The last time I heard her was thousands of years ago. I want to hug her and tell her everything that happened to us over the years, but if I do that'll just scare her away.

My brothers are going to kill me if they figure out I'm keeping this from them. Our mother is back, she's finally back.

~

NOTE

Sooo yes, the kids are the seven deadly sins! :D Did that surprise some of you? Because I made sure not to mention 'seven deadly sins' until one of their POVs came up. xD Another reason why I didn't mention it in the description of my book xD

Thank you so much for reading! I love you guys!

- Sin