Chapter 52

The day after Envy's birthday, Virago woke up to find Lucifer and her boys gone. The Hellhounds were nowhere to be found either, giving Virago and eerie chill. She searched for them all over, calling everyone's names but to no avail.

Where could everyone be? She ran to the beach at the brink of tears. "Lucifer?! Boys?!"

She turned, ready to run towards a different direction. Then she saw a figure in the woods and squinted, her heart calming its beats down when she finally saw Lucifer.

Virago smiled. "Lucifer!"

He smirked and ran deeper into the woods. Virago chased him.

"Haha! Lucifer, wait!" she shouted.

She ran deeper and deeper, but Lucifer was too fast. Virago ran by tree after tree and suddenly, he disappeared again.

Virago gasped. She spun around to see where could he have run off to again. Ripping her feet off the ground, she ran a few more towards where she last saw him. He appeared again and started running.

"Haha, Lucifer! Come on, it's too early for this!"

Virago chased him into a field of flowers, the same where she first told him she was pregnant. How did it get here? She was confused as to why she never found this place after years of living on the new island. It brought back sentimental and beautiful memories. Nostalgia hit her harder than ever before.

Lucifer's back was facing her. She ran by his side, then stood in front of him.

She greeted him with a smile. "Good morning!"

He didn't say a thing, he stared at her with a dead expression.

"Um..." Virago took a step closer to him. "Are you alright, Lucifer?"

"I should've been the one," he finally spoke.

"What?" Virago asked, holding his hands in hers. "Lucifer, you're scaring me, is everything okay?"

His voice was full of intense pain. Lucifer pulled his lips back, snarling with disgust at Virago.

"Why do you love him, Virago?!" he barked.

Virago shook her head. Love who? There's no one else that owns Virago's heart.

"What are you–"

Lucifer jabbed her stomach. His hand pierced through her body. Instant pain submerged her body as the field of flowers melted away. It was all an illusion.

"L-Lucifer," she croaked. "Why...?"

This was not Lucifer. It was too late. The real Lucifer arrived with the Sins after witnessing another illusion of Virago running away from them.

Virago gasped. The man she had never met before revealed himself through the illusion of her husband. She gripped his arm, trying to push him away but her knees gave out, his arm still frozen inside her. The fear surged through her critically wounded body.

Everything sounded like she was underwater, her family screaming, the Hellhounds barking. Michael twisted his hand, retracting it out of her body. Virago fell to the ground on her side, unable to move or scream from the immense pain.

Lucifer slammed into Michael. They both flew high in the sky as they fought. The Sins all surrounded Virago as their father tried to avenge their mother. They noticed they couldn't do anything to help her. Michael struck her too deep and her intestines were visible.