Chapter 37

Virago: Sure, you may be verified on twitter, but are you verified in the eyes of Lucifer?

~

As soon as Virago arrived home, she went straight to her room to get ready for the night. She raided her closet, throwing clothes she's not going to wear for tonight on her bed.

"Where the crap is my red dress?!"

"Didn't your mom take it to DR?" Hades asked, walking into her room, followed by Pickles and Lyla playing with their stuffed monkey,

"No, she wouldn't!" she cried, raking her fingers through her hair. "I helped her pack! I didn't see it in her maleta (suitcase)!"

The dress she was looking for was the only semi-formal dress she had for the night. The rest were too sexy, too revealing. Virago thought wearing something exceedingly sexy would make her seem desperate and unprofessional for her first date with her boss.

Hades followed her into Nala's room and she started throwing her mother's clothes on her bed. She's going to cry if she couldn't find that dress, it's the only dress she could use for tonight. But finally, she found it and pulled it out.

"Victory!"

Hades jumped on Nala's bed. "Got a hot date tonight?"

"Yeah." Virago picked him up to carry him back to her room and they found the dogs fighting for the monkey. "Lucifer is taking me to A Night in Paris."

"Do they sell cat food?" Hades asked as he jumped on Virago's bed.

"Why would a Human restaurant sell cat food?"

"I don't know," he said and laid on his back. "I'm just curious."

Virago got her stuff ready as she spoke. "Every time you ask if a certain place sells cat food you make it sound like I'm not feeding you well."

"You do. I just want gourmet food."

She sighed and rolled her eyes at him. He copied her actions. Eventually, Virago washed her hair. She didn't have to worry about the excess hair on her body. She waxed everything a few days ago, just in case anything would happen between her and Lucifer.

As the hours dropped and the clock almost struck nine, Virago checked herself in her mirror, admiring the way her dress hugged her body. The red looked beautiful with her brown skin and her curves filled it out exceptionally well.

"I look so good," she whispered to herself.

The hands on the clock finally met at nine and the doorbell rang. She opened the door to find Lucifer with flowers. Pickles and Lyla didn't even bark, they bowed at him just like with Wrath.

Virago smiled. "Flowers? Really?"

"Women don't like flowers anymore?"

"Well, I do. It's just that I didn't expect you to bring flowers," she said, taking them and stood to the side so he could enter. "Thank you. No one has ever gifted me flowers before."

Lucifer kissed her forehead. "Of course."

He followed her into her house and found Hades on the couch while she put the flowers in some water. Virago washed her hands and walked into the living room to find Hades admiring Lucifer.

"Wow," she laughed. "I think he's broken."

Really, Hades was in shock to meet Lucifer himself in person. His pupils enlarged in astonishment.

"What's his name?" Lucifer chuckled, knowing the cat isn't just some ordinary cat, he knew Hades was given to Virago by Calinaigh.

"Hades," Virago replied.