Chapter 47

Sloth: *banging pots together early in the morning*

Sloth: I did get no fucking sleep cuz of yaaall! Yall not gone get no sleep cuz of meee!!!!

VIRAGO

It's a day before I have to bring the money to Cohne and I'm not worried anymore. He gave me enough time to get my money together and now tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Thankfully, he's known for being in his office for a few hours just in case anyone needs last-minute help. I better not wake up late tomorrow or I swear I'm going to throw some hands. 

Walking into lecture, I didn't realize I had a goofy smile. I sat next to Jaz and she noticed.

"Damn, Virago, you look like you used your vibrator this morning."

"Really?" I giggled. "I didn't. I'm just happy."

"Did Lucifer finally fuck you?"

"No," I said. Normally I'd snap at her but this time I just laughed it off. "But we're together now."

We're actually together. Boyfriend and girlfriend. Potential future married couple. Potential parents. I hid my face behind my hands and squealed. I can't wait to see him again. 

"Yes, bitch!" Jazmine cried in a whisper. "Get that coin!"

"I'm not dating him for his money, I really like him, Jaz."

She rolled her eyes. "You don't even know his real name."

"Oh, it's actually Lucifer."

"Who names their kid Lucifer?"

I shrugged, opening my laptop as our professor walked in, "Intellectuals?"

Jazmine laughed and raised an eyebrow. "You're weird, you know?"

"We've been friends since middle school and you just noticed?"

"Hey," she said, raising her hands in defense. "I'm just saying."

The whole day was a huge drag. I only had one class this morning, my second class got canceled. I'm off from work today so I went home and played with Pickles and Lyla. I found a dead rat under my bed which Hades thought it was a cute present, and I found myself visiting work. I can't help it, there's something about Lucifer that has me hankering to be in his presence. When I'm not with him, my life feels utterly dull. And that's saying something because I have two dogs and a cat.

Lucifer was on the phone, mad like the day of my interview. I removed my jacket and sat on his table. He slid his hand up and down my legs. If I separate them I wonder how he'd react.

"Well, if he doesn't sign the contract he won't get what he wants...I don't fucking care!" he barked in the phone. "No shit he needs to do something for me, how else would he pay the price? If he doesn't want my help then you know what to do."

He hung up and rolled his chair so he could be closer to me.

"Sounds like some mafia stuff," I joked.

"Just business," he sighed. "How was school?"

"It was okay, is it cool if I clock in?"

He gave me a puzzled look. "But you don't work today."

"I know," I groaned. "But it's boring back home and I want to be with you."

"You don't have to work to be with me," he said with a soft smile. "Just stay and, hell, I'll still pay you for the day."

I grinned and hopped on his lap. "Okay."

Lucifer smirked. He placed his hands on my waist, staring at my lips. I'm surprised I'm not kissing him like a crazed lunatic right now. My whole body has been possessed by basorexia because of him.