Chapter 49

Wrath: *at a yoga class*

Instructor: release the sounds that are trapped in your mind

Wrath: *SCREAMS*

Instructor: Sir...are you okay?

VIRAGO

I've been coming to Lucifer's manor so often that I'm starting to get used to the unsettling aura it has at night. One of these days I have to explore the rest of the interior. And if things work out well with me and Lucifer by the time summer rolls in, I'll explore the exterior since right now it's too cold outside.

The boys were gone except Emilio, who I found in the arcade room playing a shooting game. I could tell he was bored now that his brothers are gone. I've also noticed during the times we hung out, he's really close to Santi.

"Heyo!" I greeted him, jumping on the couch.

"Hey, Mot- Virago," he replied with a smile, pausing his game. "Back from a date with my dad?"

Lucifer was in his study taking a call from the person he was talking to back at work. My mouth curved into a smile.

"No, we were working."

We were most definitely not working. But if kissing for long periods of time and wondering who was going to strip first is considered as working, then I stand corrected.

Emilio chuckled, hitting play on his remote control. "I'm just teasing."

His eyes darted anxiously towards the doors. Is he waiting for someone? Come to think of it, I feel like he's also part of the lie with his older brothers. He seems different and fidgety.

"How come you didn't go with the boys?"

"Uh...go where?" he asked as he shot some zombies.

Ha! I knew they were lying! He's totally playing just so he doesn't have to look me in the eye.

"To Florida," I said.

"Oh um...I can't swim?"

Bingo. That sounded more like a question than a statement. And I thought I was bad at lying.

"Emilio, they never said they were going to Florida."

Emilio's thumbs froze. His eyes flooded with fear as his character got bitten by zombies.

I grinned. "Omg! Tell me what's up!"

He gulped, eyes still wide from getting caught in his lie. He glanced at the door again. Gosh, I'm so good at this.

"It's...it's actually really really personal," he stammered. "I promised not to tell."

Ah, understandable. Telling him he doesn't have to rat out his brothers, he let out a sigh of relief. Whatever they're doing, it better not be something criminal. I swear, if they get in any trouble they'll have to get a lecture from me.

He shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Can...can I ask you something?"

Emilio's cheeks grew pinkish. He's so freaking adorable, I just wanna hug him and protect him from danger.

"Yeah," I said. "Of course."

"Do you love my father?" he blurted out.

My jaw dropped.

Love? Love?

I wasn't expecting such a question.

Emilio groaned. "Agh! Sorry, Vira, that was a dumb thing to ask."