Chapter 6

After cleaning the dirt off from the wound she inflicted on his face, she applied the medicine on the cut. Next, she began to clean his large arms, placing it on her lap one after the other until finally, she reached his back.

The second the wet cloth touched the burn marks, his eyes fluttered open.

The man snarled at Virago, pushing himself up to finish what he started in the woods but he froze. Virago's gentle touch on his back made him slowly lay back down on her soft, strawberry-scented quilt. He felt ashamed and irritated that a Human like her was able to knock him out. If he weren't so weak, her blood would've been on his hands. That fall took a huge toll on him, so he figured there was no use in trying to kill.

Virago could sense he had no humanity. His aura was gold with some darkness and his fingernails were long and black, pointy enough to pierce through skin. The red in his hands looked like blood which faded into his skin. She noticed his eyes turned blue as he observed her room, probably looking for a way out. Really he was trying not to make eye contact with what he thought was a self-absorbed Human.

"What's your name?" she asked in English.

He was surprised she knew another language. His blue eyes finally met her brown ones, but her gaze was on his wound. He took this time to observe her, trying to catch any indication that she would try to harm him. The way she was taking care of his back told him otherwise.

He spoke with a thick Enochian accent, "Lucifer."

Virago gasped and her hands came to a sudden stop. Her eyes finally on his with interest. "Wait, you're the one God banished from Heaven?"

Lucifer rolled his eyes. Here we go, this weak Human was going to lecture him about how he was in the wrong. Years of being an outcast on Heaven and now a pesky Human was going to ridicule him? Despicable.

It was his turn to switch to English. "How do you know me? And how do you know English?"

Rubbing her homemade medicine on his marks, she answered with a smile. "You ask a lot of questions, I feel like I should be the one asking. Sometimes I speak to Spirits, they tell me stories of the future and they love talking about other religions. They also taught me many languages except the one you spoke in when you were choking me."

Ahh, so she was a Witch. He took no pity and remained silent.

As Virago continued to massage the soothing cream, memories of what happened to him poured through his mind like a waterfall. The argument he had with Michael and God. God removing his ability to fly so he could throw him down here. And the fact that he now had to learn to conjure up his wings again.

God couldn't take more of his blasphemous behavior anymore. He was acting like no real Angel, questioning God's way and going against the rules. His rebellious nature was his downfall. He also remembered the smirk Michael had when he was thrown out of his home. Lucifer was disgusted by the thought, that wasn't his home anymore. Sadly, his home was now Earth.

Virago finally stopped, washing her hands in the bowl next to her and announced that she was done.

Lucifer sat up. The red in his hands and black talons faded away. "I'm leaving."

"Okay," she stood up before him, drying her hands on her towel. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Fallen Angel. I must warn you though, my people have never seen a white man before. If you walk out of here and come upon them, they may be frightened and confused."

Virago knew about the white-skinned people that lived on the other side of the world. Her Spirit friends told her about them. They shared the different lifestyles they had and how one day they would find her island and change the world. Whatever that meant, they didn't want to tell Virago what will happen.

Lucifer stood up, cracking his neck and stretching his arms. "How come you're not living with them?"

He saw her face drop into sadness as she picked up her supplies.

"I guess I'm going through the same situation as you are, they banished me."

A Human getting kicked out by her own people? For all this talk about how Humans should love one another, he found what Virago said strange.

"What happened?" he asked, following her to her kitchen.

Virago began to explain as she cut some potatoes. Lucifer never interrupted her, listening with the intent to understand until the very end. Even though he hated to admit it, she may be Human but they do have something in common their family hates them. Her story was similar to his, he was an outcast with only one friend, but he never killed anyone. That was another fact about her that intrigued him, the fact that she killed before. He was curious to know more about her.

Is this why she was being so nice to him? Lucifer felt like he shouldn't have choked her the second she touched him.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" he asked.

"I don't agree with your father's rules. I know I'm only Human but I prefer you over him," she said as she began slicing another potato. "You were kicked out because you're different than everyone else, correct?

Lucifer nodded in response, feeling a sense of euphoria. This Human just complimented him and he finally felt accepted for once in his life. When he spoke about his thoughts back on Heaven, the Angels gave him a troubled look. Many Angel women only liked him for his looks and power, who wouldn't want to be with God's favorite Angel? But the second they heard his views on the world and Humans, they turned a blind eye. Michael was always jealous of the attention Lucifer received. He was another reason why everyone turned their backs on him and watched with no remorse as he was thrown out.

"You didn't deserve to be casted out just because you had different beliefs," Virago said as she poured the chopped potatoes in a new bowl. She then placed unpeeled garlic on her cutting board. "I know you hate Humans and I can see why. Sometimes I wish I wasn't born a Human. I'd rather be a lovely fox than a Human."

Those words repeated over and over in Lucifer's thoughts. Not all Humans love God? This woman wasn't proud to be Human? She took pity on him when she heard his story, and she still pitied him even after he choked her. Now he was extremely curious about her. He wanted to continue to learn how she thinks.

Maybe...maybe he just might like her.

"May I stay with you for a few days...um...?"

She looked up from the garlic and smiled. A breeze blew through the window, swaying her long, black hair gently. "Virago, and I don't know, don't you hate me for what I am?"

Lucifer stood right next to her. He picked up one of the unpeeled garlic from her cutting board and began copying her actions. He didn't hate her entirely. She was the first Human he's ever met and right away she grew on him.

"Well...my wings don't work right now so I should rest here."

Lucifer caught her smile growing from the corner of his eye. He bit the inside of his cheek to keep him from returning the gesture, even though he wanted to. For a second he thought he was crazy. Never in his wildest dreams would he ever say he'd stay with a Human, now look at him.

Virago scooted closer to him, the excited grin still plastered on her lips as they prepared the garlic together. "I haven't had company in years, it got lonely here when my friends left, so you can stay."

NOTE

My babies :') Luciago (Lucifer and Virago) are so damn cute I-

I remember when I was writing this and the previous chapter of Virago's memories, all I felt was floating hearts and rainbows in my chest cuz this was their first time meeting. Ahhhh I love them so much! :')

Thank you so much for reading!!

- Sin