Chapter 17

Wrath and Pride: *fighting*

Gluttony: Can I get a waffle? Can I please get a waffle?!

VIRAGO

I woke up the next morning with a text from Jaz, forcing me to go to the carnival tonight and later on she wants to go to the club. Knowing Jaz, she hates taking no for an answer when it comes to things like this, so I said yes, but only if I get a ride. Besides, I need a break from studying and working. When was the last time I had a fun night?

Dang. I can't even answer that question.

My shift ends at around seven tonight, so when I got to work, I did my thing, and the entire time Lucifer wasn't there. I was a little disappointed, I may not like him, but he does have a nice face, and arms, and voice, and my gosh, his eyes! I could stare at them forever. How does one have the brightest clear blue eyes? They always pierce right through me when I look at them.

It's so unfair, why do handsome guys have to be such dicks? If he were nice to me all the time I would've developed a crush on him a long time ago.

And, I don't know, maybe go out with him?

I looked at his office through the glass wall and sighed. I miss seeing him glare at the stupid documents on his table. Is he with Kristie again? I remember when I caught them in there a few nights ago doing...the Devil's Tango.

Virago had only one task that other night, finish Lucifer's papers, bring them to his office, and leave. Walking into work, she noticed the glass wall covering his office was now jet black, preventing her to look inside.

Shrugging, Virago sat on her chair and got to work. She signed papers in Lucifer's name, filed them in alphabetical order, and stamped them for completion. With the amount of papers he gave her, it took about two hours to finish. Her hand cramped once she finished signing the second to last paper.

That sense of relaxation washed over Virago once she was completely done. Feeling victorious, she grabbed the stack of papers and head on over to Lucifer's office.

Her stomach jumped to her throat at what she witnessed as soon as she opened the door. "Oh, my God! I'm so sorry!"

Kristie was sitting on top of him, naked. The picture of his lips around her nipple was engraved in Virgo's brain even though she quickly had her body turned.

Damn him! He had that woman in here this entire time! - Virago thought to herself.

"Virago."

She could feel him touching her back. She took a peek over her shoulder. Kristie had herself wrapped in a blanket and she snarled at Virago for interrupting.

Not looking at Lucifer, Virago's eyes were on the window as she shoved the papers in his chest. Feeling abashed for what she saw, she tried to sound unbothered but her voice came out weaker than she wanted.

"Here are the papers you asked for. I worked on them all night."

Not wanting to listen to what he had to say, she ran out of his office, ignoring his calls. She hopped into the elevator and pressed the button for the lowest floor it could reach.

Her thoughts were raging - I hate him, I hate him so much!

Lucifer knew he fucked up yet again. He ran around the corner at the end of the hallway, papers flying behind him.

"Virago, wait!" he shouted.

Pushing the button to close the elevator door quickly, she flipped him off before he could reach her. The ride down was horrible, she just wanted to go home! Feeling hurt, angry, and jealous, she wondered why did that blonde woman have to be there again.